We Love It

Old Jan 31st 2004, 1:47 pm
sue rose

Default We Love It

Hi all

It's been a fair few months since I posted anything but I'm back to tell you all we have been in Perth since August the 5th last year and WE LOVE IT here. We have settled in to the lifesyle well, we have visited loads of places and I love my new job in the hospital. One question I hope someone can help me with, we came over on an employer sponsored visa as I am over 45, and we want to stay. Has anyone over 45 applied for permanent residency having been here on a temp visa. The hospital may sponsor me at the end of my 12 month contract but if anyone has done it this way successfully I would be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks

Old Jan 31st 2004, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hi Sue

Glad to hear that you have settled well in Perth, we are hoping to arrive in Dec 04 - we have just come back from a validating trip & were blown away with the place.

Let us know some of your experiences - jobs, schools (if you have kids), rentals, etc etc etc

Good on ya

pockygoes
Old Jan 31st 2004, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Really glad you are happy, we also hope to be in Perth at the end of the year
Sorry, cant help with the visa though.....
Old Jan 31st 2004, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

toobs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We Love It

Originally posted by sue rose
Hi all

It's been a fair few months since I posted anything but I'm back to tell you all we have been in Perth since August the 5th last year and WE LOVE IT here. We have settled in to the lifesyle well, we have visited loads of places and I love my new job in the hospital. One question I hope someone can help me with, we came over on an employer sponsored visa as I am over 45, and we want to stay. Has anyone over 45 applied for permanent residency having been here on a temp visa. The hospital may sponsor me at the end of my 12 month contract but if anyone has done it this way successfully I would be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks
Where abouts in Perth? You say you have a job in the hospital, I am currently training to be a nurse and have one year left to go (PHEW!) Are you working in the hospital as healthcare staff or admin? Is it relatively easy to obtain work as a trained nurse? I am 32 with a young family, also interested in childcare provisions i.e. before and after school clubs - do these exist?? Would you recommend Oz on a temp visa? Maybe too many questions any answers will help. Thanks, Lisa
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We Love It

Originally posted by sue rose
Hi all

Thanks
Hey
we have just returned from perth and thought it was lovely so have brought forward our move to asap ( sep/oct 04)
sorry cant help u with the visa...but if u need a pharmacist in your hospital please do not hesitate to let me know ( in fact please put a good word in for me!)
u can send me a pm if u need more info about me!
ps whereabouts in perth are u?
cheers saloni