British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   We are here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/we-here-397384/)

shonalouise Sep 19th 2006 11:18 am

We are here

Well moved out 6 weeks ago to central coast NSW, what an experience! Finally feeling somwhere near settled, moved into our rental property a couple of weeks ago and this is my third week at work. Looking after 5 patients is sheer bliss! Don't know how I ever managed with 10! Weather has been a mix of good, bad and everything inbetween including the largest hail I have ever seen. The bird life is amazing and I wish I could share some of the amazing sights we have seen. If I can help anybody on their journey, please feel free to ask, I'll see what I can do!

To everybody who is already here, now I can see what all the fuss was about! We are a bunch of lucky buggers! Main problem now is how to contend with all the new Aussie viruses, full of a stinking cold but the beach helps sooth the pain!

Good luck everybody.

Madhouse! Sep 19th 2006 12:55 pm

Re: We are here

Originally Posted by shonalouise
Well moved out 6 weeks ago to central coast NSW, what an experience! Finally feeling somwhere near settled, moved into our rental property a couple of weeks ago and this is my third week at work. Looking after 5 patients is sheer bliss! Don't know how I ever managed with 10! Weather has been a mix of good, bad and everything inbetween including the largest hail I have ever seen. The bird life is amazing and I wish I could share some of the amazing sights we have seen. If I can help anybody on their journey, please feel free to ask, I'll see what I can do!

To everybody who is already here, now I can see what all the fuss was about! We are a bunch of lucky buggers! Main problem now is how to contend with all the new Aussie viruses, full of a stinking cold but the beach helps sooth the pain!

Good luck everybody.

Glad to hear you are settleing so well...worth all the stress of waiting for that visa isnt it :D
Long may it continue :beer:

Hutch Sep 19th 2006 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by shonalouise

Good luck everybody.

Congrats on the move. Those viruses suck don't they! Lots of new immunity to build up. :)

seasprite Sep 19th 2006 1:58 pm

ahhhh, can't wait! glad all going well, it's nice to hear. We are off to Coffs sooooooooon... :)

farrierswife Oct 1st 2006 4:58 pm

[QUOTE=shonalouise]Well moved out 6 weeks ago to central coast NSW, what an experience! Finally feeling somwhere near settled, moved into our rental property a couple of weeks ago and this is my third week at work. Looking after 5 patients is sheer bliss! Don't know how I ever managed with 10! Weather has been a mix of good, bad and everything inbetween including the largest hail I have ever seen. The bird life is amazing and I wish I could share some of the amazing sights we have seen. If I can help anybody on their journey, please feel free to ask, I'll see what I can do!

Tell us more thats the area we want to head for????

mark 'n' joe Oct 1st 2006 5:25 pm

Glad youve settled and enjoying it. All the best.

Joex