Reload this Page >

We are heading for Brisbane Area!

We are heading for Brisbane Area!

Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool We are heading for Brisbane Area!

Hi Everyone

We are a family of 4 from East Yorkshire - heading for the Brisbane area.

We lodged our final Independant Skilled Visa Application in March of this year.

We are hoping to get out there before Christmas.

We would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation heading for Brisbane.

Golden Dreamer
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:16 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: We are heading for Brisbane Area!

Hello and welcome,

Lots of people are heading to, or have arrived in, Brisbane.

What part are you aiming for ?

Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Goldend Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well - we are open to suggestion.

Our intention is to rent upon arrival and travel around the suburbs (to a certain extent) to find somewhere that we like.

We have some relatives in Riverhills so we will probably start looking around that area and then move northwards.

We will have to locate near to good local schooling which will be our priority.

Golden Dreamer
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:53 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Goldend Dreamer
Well - we are open to suggestion.

Our intention is to rent upon arrival and travel around the suburbs (to a certain extent) to find somewhere that we like.

We have some relatives in Riverhills so we will probably start looking around that area and then move northwards.

We will have to locate near to good local schooling which will be our priority.

Golden Dreamer
I've been told its very nice in Bellbowrie, just across the river from Riverhills.

A search on here, for Bellbowrie, will reveal more info.

Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:32 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Golden Dreamer
Hi Goldend Dreamer,
We too are heading for Brisbane(Kallangeur)Hope my spellings right?!
We are a family of 5,Skilled Inde136 also,lodged in April.
We to too are keeping everything thats crossable,crossed we get there before xmas!!
Donna.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:22 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I've been told its very nice in Bellbowrie, just across the river from Riverhills.

Ive heard Samford is really nice too .

Madsad, its Kallangur, so you were close . My brother lives at Murrumba Downs, he's lived in the area for the last 25+ years, not my cup of tea, but he loves it there.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:37 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Hi GD

We are a family of 5 heading for Brisbane next year, mainly to try and coincide with the start of the school year. I have heard the process can take up to 18 months for certain visas so I'm just kicking off my Skills Assessment with Vetassess this week. We are going for the Skilled Designated Area Sponsored which doesn't rely on the points count. My wife has an Uncle in Wellington Point so we intend to start out there and rent within the first few weeks. As you say, schooling is the proiority. Good luck with your application - this website has provided a wealth of information on crucial stuff like expected monthly outgoings etc and has given us the confidence that although stressful, it can be done! Are you using an agent, I have had several quotes and they seem very expensive, I think I can manage most of the application work (time will tell!!).

Mark.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:18 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Hi Everyone

Golden Dreamer

Hi we are a couple with a 6 year old daughter.
We applied for our skilled independant 136 visa in nov last year which was granted in may this year.
we fly out 11 weeks tomorrow and are hoping to settle in Alexander Hills.

p.s we are from Wakefield ,west Yorkshire

Last edited by Darren&Leanne; Jun 28th 2004 at 7:20 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:20 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Hi
I've just posted on the immigration site asking where you are heading to....I see it's Brisbane! We are a couple from Howden, East Yorks - hopefully heading to Brisbane too! Whereabouts in East Yorkshire are you now?

We are considering the Bayside area and Coomera...should know more in November after our research trip!!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:20 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Hi
I've just posted on the immigration site asking where you are heading to....I see it's Brisbane! We are a couple from Howden, East Yorks - hopefully heading to Brisbane too! Whereabouts in East Yorkshire are you now?

We are considering the Bayside area and Coomera...should know more in November after our research trip!!
Old Jun 29th 2004, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Plug
Hi GD

We are a family of 5 heading for Brisbane next year, mainly to try and coincide with the start of the school year. I have heard the process can take up to 18 months for certain visas so I'm just kicking off my Skills Assessment with Vetassess this week. We are going for the Skilled Designated Area Sponsored which doesn't rely on the points count. My wife has an Uncle in Wellington Point so we intend to start out there and rent within the first few weeks. As you say, schooling is the proiority. Good luck with your application - this website has provided a wealth of information on crucial stuff like expected monthly outgoings etc and has given us the confidence that although stressful, it can be done! Are you using an agent, I have had several quotes and they seem very expensive, I think I can manage most of the application work (time will tell!!).

Mark.
Sorry to cast any doubts but check the post code for Wellington point as i believe this is not included under the Designated Area - too close to Brisbane!!!
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:21 am
ABCDiamond

Designated areas - Wellington Point is 4160

To apply for one of the designated area-sponsored visas, your sponsor must have lived for at least one year and still live in one of the following designated areas:
State or Territory Designated Areas
Victoria Anywhere
South Australia Anywhere
Northern Territory Anywhere
Tasmania Anywhere
Aust Capital Territory Anywhere
Queensland Postcode areas 4019-4028, 4037-4050, 4079-4100, 4114, 4118, 4124-4150, 4158-4168, 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area)
Western Australia Postcode areas 6042-6044, 6126, 6200-6799 (anywhere except Perth metropolitan region)
New South Wales Post areas 2311-2312, 2328-2333, 2336-2490, 2535-2551, 2575-2739, 2787-2898 (anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)

Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:57 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Everyone

Golden Dreamer
We are a family of 3 - 139 visa to Cleveland, apparently that's a very nice spot.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Golden Dreamer
Hello we are also a family of 4 heading to Brisbane. we lodged our application Skilled Ind 136 in February and like you are hoping to be there by the end of the year. We would actually hope to go Oct/Nov time but unfotunatley we have not heard anything yet.

We are in Leeds and heading for the bayside area.

Helen & Nigel
Old Jun 29th 2004, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Golden Dreamer
Hello we are also a family of 4 heading to Brisbane. we lodged our application Skilled Ind 136 in February and like you are hoping to be there by the end of the year. We would actually hope to go Oct/Nov time but unfotunatley we have not heard anything yet.

We are in Leeds and heading for the bayside area.

Helen & Nigel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.