we have arrived

Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough
Default we have arrived

Hi all well we arrived early tuesday morning . we are staying in carina just secured a long term rental in the street we wanted to live on anyone else in the area? would be nice to hear from any other expats in the area
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:40 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of
Default Re: we have arrived

Nowhere near you, but welcome to your new home!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:08 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Carina isnt exactly our side of Brisbane - but hey welcome anyway!

I'm trying to organise a bit of a BBQ lunch on Sunday in the bush up at Boombana (Mt Nebo) to the West of Brisbane (45 minute drive from you?).

Nothing formal - but trying to get a few newcomers to meet some friendly faces and see a nice spot. Its a good spot up in the hills, surrounded by lush rainforest and with the chance of seeing big goannas and lots of colourful birds.

I'll be there with my kids whether anyone else shows up or not - I'll light the fire for the BBQ - bring something to drink, something to eat and come and say hi!

Let me know if you think you're interested (do you have a car yet?)
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Carina isnt exactly our side of Brisbane - but hey welcome anyway!

I'm trying to organise a bit of a BBQ lunch on Sunday in the bush up at Boombana (Mt Nebo) to the West of Brisbane (45 minute drive from you?).

Nothing formal - but trying to get a few newcomers to meet some friendly faces and see a nice spot. Its a good spot up in the hills, surrounded by lush rainforest and with the chance of seeing big goannas and lots of colourful birds.

I'll be there with my kids whether anyone else shows up or not - I'll light the fire for the BBQ - bring something to drink, something to eat and come and say hi!

Let me know if you think you're interested (do you have a car yet?)
Hi thanks for the reply yeh that sounds good we will try and make probs get lost we have just picked up our rental car what time will it be from? how old r ur kids we have 2 girls who are 4 and 18months
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:48 am

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Cant get lost heres what ya do:

1) Get to the freeway (past the Gabba I'd guess from your place?) and head towards CBD
2) Over riverside expressway DONT turn off into the city
3) Bear right up the ramp into Hale St just after passing the city
4) Pass Suncorp Stadium and immediately take the exit left into Musgrave rd (signed to 'The Gap')
5) Follow Musgrave rd which becomes Waterworks rd to The Gap.
6) Keep going! into Brisbane Forest Park, stop and admire the view at Camp Mountain, Jollys Lookout or both.
7) About 20km of winding scenic road through the forest past The Gap the turnoff for Boombana is on the left about 1km before Mt Nebo village (i.e. if you get to the village you've gone too far!)

My girls are 4 and 2 so should get along just fine with yours!

I'll be there around 11ish and probably take the girls for a stroll around the walking track (about 1km circuit?) before getting all pyrotechnical with the BBQ!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:00 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

we were there in mid december...lovely spot.

Unfortunately, a huge tree had fallen diagonally across the walking track, blocking it off approx half way around the 1km circuit..... and it wasn't as if you could just climb over the trunk... it was the canopy of the tree that blocked the track.

Wasn't too hard to scramble through the bush and around it... but perhaps too tricky for your little 'uns.

With any luck the park rangers will have sorted it out by now...

ps- saw a goanna by the bbq area, and he was being swooped on by a kookaburra!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by markallwood
...Unfortunately, a huge tree had fallen diagonally across the walking track, blocking it off approx half way around the 1km circuit..... and it wasn't as if you could just climb over the trunk... it was the canopy of the tree that blocked the track..
Yeah we saw that too - but little ones managed ok.

...and anyway - its been cleared since then
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:46 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordies4life
Hi thanks for the reply yeh that sounds good we will try and make probs get lost we have just picked up our rental car what time will it be from? how old r ur kids we have 2 girls who are 4 and 18months
Check out the meet-up threads as we have a weekly drink in Gilhooleys in Brisbane city centre,next one tomorrow.Only prob is we drink with a sunderland fan,sorry
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

That Sunderland fan being me Welcome to the area guys If in doubt giz a shout (promise i wont hold the flag against you )
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Cant get lost heres what ya do:

1) Get to the freeway (past the Gabba I'd guess from your place?) and head towards CBD
2) Over riverside expressway DONT turn off into the city
3) Bear right up the ramp into Hale St just after passing the city
4) Pass Suncorp Stadium and immediately take the exit left into Musgrave rd (signed to 'The Gap')
5) Follow Musgrave rd which becomes Waterworks rd to The Gap.
6) Keep going! into Brisbane Forest Park, stop and admire the view at Camp Mountain, Jollys Lookout or both.
7) About 20km of winding scenic road through the forest past The Gap the turnoff for Boombana is on the left about 1km before Mt Nebo village (i.e. if you get to the village you've gone too far!)

My girls are 4 and 2 so should get along just fine with yours!

I'll be there around 11ish and probably take the girls for a stroll around the walking track (about 1km circuit?) before getting all pyrotechnical with the BBQ!
Hi sorry we couldnt make it today our little 1 has chicken pox nd we've had the last 2 days from hell got the wonting to go home felling at the mo hope it goes away