Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are going home, what about the parents??

We are going home, what about the parents??

Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default We are going home, what about the parents??

I tried posting this in the Immigration forum but didn't get any replies, (probably because like me no-one in there knew). Not sure where the best place to post it is but thought I'd try here too. Hopefully someone can help.

My OH's parents are in Oz on a CPV (4 year??) issued in 2007. We did not encourage them to come to Australia as we always knew we probably would not stay for good but supported their decision. That time to move on has come now and we are returning to the UK next year permanently but I’ve just had an awful thought. Will this affect their visa at all? Us leaving means there will be only be one eligible child here in Oz making the balance of family test null and void. Does the fact that they already have the visa mean the test doesn't matter now?

Hopefully someone can put my mind at rest. Thanks.

Last edited by stm1971; Sep 16th 2009 at 9:58 am. Reason: ETA: CPV is a Contributory Parent Visa.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are going home, what about the parents??

??? which visa are they on? your edit confuses me
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:12 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Try PMing George Lombard or Allan Collett (their usernames). They are very experienced migration agents and should be able to help.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Safin
??? which visa are they on? your edit confuses me
Sorry for not being very clear.

They are on a Contributory Parent Visa. It's the one where they had to pay loads of money and a Medicare bond on top. It's renewable every 4 years. My worry is that if we leave Australia permanently, then when they come to renew it will they be refused as only my OH’s brother will still be in Australia.

The reason I ask as I looked on the DIMIA website and it looks like they have changed the rules again last year and this visa is now a PR visa but I'm pretty sure their one is not.

Last edited by stm1971; Sep 16th 2009 at 10:17 am.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Try PMing George Lombard or Allan Collett (their usernames). They are very experienced migration agents and should be able to help.
Thanks for that, I will.

Last edited by stm1971; Sep 16th 2009 at 10:17 am.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:15 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
Sorry for not being very clear.

They are on a Contributory Parent Visa. It's the one where they had to pay loads of money and a Medicare bond on top. It's renewable every 4 years. .
Not correct.

The contributory parent visa is a permanent visa.

G
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:17 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I will do that.
No problems, happy to help.
BTW, I like the last line of your signature.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not correct.

The contributory parent visa is a permanent visa.

G
OK, are you sure?? From what I saw on the DIMIA website there were a couple of different tiers. I can't check with them as they are in the UK of all places at the moment!!

I hope so though as I don't want to be the cause of their visa being revoked, they'd bloody kill me.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

OK, are you sure?? From what I saw on the DIMIA website there were a couple of different tiers. I can't check with them as they are in the UK of all places at the moment!!

I hope so though as I don't want to be the cause of their visa being revoked, they'd bloody kill me.
The CP visa is permanent...."permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely"

I have one here in front of me.

G
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:32 am
Bitter and twisted

G
My visa is CP visa 143.

the only complication could be if they are on the temporary CP visa (173) but that only lasts 2 years.....and is automatically upgraded to PR on payment of the second fee.

the retirement visa is a 4 year visa.

G
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

G
Panic over!! I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Thanks G, I appreciate it.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Panic over!! I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Thanks G, I appreciate it.
They will be able to apply for citizenship after the required period of residency.

G
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

They will be able to apply for citizenship after the required period of residency.

G
Cheers, I'll let them know. My MIL wouldn't need to be asked twice, the FIL ...well, that's a different matter as he can't stand the place.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:45 am
Bitter and twisted

the FIL ...well, that's a different matter as he can't stand the place.
I know the feeling
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
No problems, happy to help.
BTW, I like the last line of your signature.
Which line in particular?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.