Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are We Ever Going To Get There!!!!!!!

Are We Ever Going To Get There!!!!!!!

Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:04 pm
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice
Angry Are We Ever Going To Get There!!!!!!!

My husband and I are waiting and waiting and waiting for our request for medicals and it seems like forever since we have heard from anyone. We had our application lodged with the DIMIA in Sept and we thought we would have heard by now! and to make things even more frustrating is our house has been on the market since November and we was hoping we would have sold it by now, getting very inpatient and cant settle anymore, I know it propbably dont sound that long but it seems like forever to us. Is there anyone else that is feeling like this or are we just going mad. It has taken a year and a half to get this far. The only thing that settles us down is
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:06 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are We Ever Going To Get There!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Emmaline
My husband and I are waiting and waiting and waiting for our request for medicals and it seems like forever since we have heard from anyone. We had our application lodged with the DIMIA in Sept and we thought we would have heard by now! and to make things even more frustrating is our house has been on the market since November and we was hoping we would have sold it by now, getting very inpatient and cant settle anymore, I know it propbably dont sound that long but it seems like forever to us. Is there anyone else that is feeling like this or are we just going mad. It has taken a year and a half to get this far. The only thing that settles us down is

Keep positive, i'm sure it will all happen soon for you
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Quite normal I'm afraid. The waiting is the worst part.

The housing market is supposed to pick up this time of year. Have a word with the estate agent and tell them to get it marketed a bit more. We have decided to give our agent 6 weeks, then if we haven't had an offer or much interest, we are changing agents.

As for the Visa, which have you applied for.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:21 pm
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice

Thanks for your reply I think our estate agent is a bit naff will have to sort them out I think. The visa we have applied for is the Designated Sponser Visa.

Originally Posted by WendyC
Quite normal I'm afraid. The waiting is the worst part.

The housing market is supposed to pick up this time of year. Have a word with the estate agent and tell them to get it marketed a bit more. We have decided to give our agent 6 weeks, then if we haven't had an offer or much interest, we are changing agents.

As for the Visa, which have you applied for.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:24 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply I think our estate agent is a bit naff will have to sort them out I think. The visa we have applied for is the Designated Sponser Visa.

Estate agents are money grabbling machines (she says, and we havn't even put ours on market yet )

Just remember you are paying them, if they are not doing a good job, haggle their price or get another agent in (easier said than done sometimes i know)

Fingers crossed for you, sending karma your way too, (hope it's not blank!)
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:24 pm
Kanga1

Thanks for your reply. Question where abouts in Kent do you come from me and my husband use to live in Kent we lived in Rainham near Chatham.

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Keep positive, i'm sure it will all happen soon for you
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:25 pm
Sam
here and staying

Thanks for your reply. Question where abouts in Kent do you come from me and my husband use to live in Kent we lived in Rainham near Chatham.

PM'd you!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:32 pm
Kanga1

thanks pm'd backed

Originally Posted by alan and sam
PM'd you!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:37 pm
Sam
here and staying

thanks pm'd backed
got it!

What a pair of wally's we are!!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

The commitment on DIMIA's side is that 139 applicants will be allocated a case officer within 4 months. You're over that now, so I suggest contacting them and saying that you are a priority case, but haven't heard anything.