We`re new.

Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice
Default We`re new.

Arrived in Brisbane 12th Dec `08.Love it so far.Have two young boys,Started school two weeks ago.Wife George,looking for casual/part time work.And I`m Dave an electrician...Well I was in the UK,Not sure what I am here!.Found alot of useful info on here,So thankyou whoever You were.We are about 300 mtrs from Gold Coast according to map,40 Kms South of Brizzy.In rented at present.Looking for work and started process of gaining electrical license(s).
So good luck,if You`re about to take the plunge or have already.

Oh Yeah! She will be right.....apparently
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:15 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We`re new.

welcome to the forum skinnygeorge. And welcome to Australia too.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:16 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to QLD and to British Expats.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hi and welcome to Australia hope you love it
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:24 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

what suburb in the gold coast are you in? Have you been down to the beach yet?

Take a drive down to Coolangatta, its my favourite gold coast beach. Low tide is a good time.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

Sunny Ormeau,Beach.....what beach?.Yeah course,Usually go to Southport,Have been down to Coolangatta but its a bit of a drive.Started Christmas day on South stradbroke island with friends and their boat.Miles of beach,The pacific and nobody else.A whole new experience.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by skinnygeorge
Arrived in Brisbane 12th Dec `08.Love it so far.Have two young boys,Started school two weeks ago.Wife George,looking for casual/part time work.And I`m Dave an electrician...Well I was in the UK,Not sure what I am here!.Found alot of useful info on here,So thankyou whoever You were.We are about 300 mtrs from Gold Coast according to map,40 Kms South of Brizzy.In rented at present.Looking for work and started process of gaining electrical license(s).
So good luck,if You`re about to take the plunge or have already.

Oh Yeah! She will be right.....apparently
Hi Dave,
We only arrived in Qld in December so we feel like newies too, we went to melbourne first in Oct to stay with relatives and i went over to SA to take my wiring rules exam at Peer. I take it you have found the electricians forum,
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97
We now live in Pacific pines just down the road so if you need any help with anything licence wise please ask.
Have you found any work yet or are you still in holiday mode, i have my Licence now but still cant get a job!!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

There are a lot of jobs advertised for ticket holders surprised You`ve had no luck,I`m planning to use a localish training provider.Could probably do with some clarification on the license front but expect the training place to steer Me there.We did look around Pacific Pines,But then We looked everywhere for an available rental.Very pleased with what We ended up with.Its nice to have The Gold Coast so close and places like Mt Tambourine just behind.Admit I`m getting a bit jittery about work and the license thing,Thought it would be so much easier,Should have started ealier I guess.But reckon We`ll be OK.