Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WBB's Post Checking

WBB's Post Checking

Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:17 pm
WBB

Merciless Newcastle treated Fulham to a black Monday on Tyneside to compound their misery over the impending loss of Louis Saha.

The in demand Frenchman was conspicuous by his absence as he discussed his proposed move to Manchester United, and the Londoners did little to suggest that there might still be life without him as they crumbled to a 3-1 defeat at St James' Park.

Defender Andy O'Brien and midfielder Gary Speed put Sir Bobby Robson's side 2-0 up before the break as they capitalised on some less than effective defending to leave the small band of travelling supporters huddled under the rafters in the gods at St James' Park among a crowd of 50,104.

But it was an audacious 54th-minute overhead kick from Laurent Robert which put the icing on the cake and sealed a double over the Londoners as United climbed above Fulham and into the top five.

The home side were rarely stretched in the 4,000th league game in the club's history, and Sean Davis' 74th-minute strike proved scant consolation for the visitors.

BRING ON LIVERPOOL SATURDAY!!!

Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:19 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Newcastle Liverpool games can produce classics. A Newcastle fan I knew had a vid called "So Close" regarding that mad keegan season when NUFC lost it at the last hurdle. That liverpool game was classic.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:22 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
Newcastle Liverpool games can produce classics. A Newcastle fan I knew had a vid called "So Close" regarding that mad keegan season when NUFC lost it at the last hurdle. That liverpool game was classic.
the first 4-3 at anfield, collymore scored the winner in time added on.

classic game and said to be the best of the nineties.

beats boring arsenal hands down

Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:01 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default game of the nineties

Originally posted by welshboybilly
the first 4-3 at anfield, collymore scored the winner in time added on.

classic game and said to be the best of the nineties.

beats boring arsenal hands down
can`t argue with that wbb what about best fa cup final of the 70`s p.s post when i`m in bed aswell as when i`m out now