Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WBB banned (again)

Wikiposts

WBB banned (again)

Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:57 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

aw...shame to see ya go mate!!!
we've had some fun times havent we????
unfortunately not everyone likes your sense of humour, and lets face it if we all had the same point of view, life would be dull. Not always agreed with everything you wrote, but i was grown up enough to stay out of the arguement!!

good luck to you, and your beautiful kiddies and that poor long suffering wife of yours (only kidding)..........i hope you get all you want out of life!!!

stay in touch

sue
xxx
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:06 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
i have been banned for a run in with ptlabs on the take it outside forum.
That's because you invited me to, literally. I've resisted repeated requests to ban you because I gave you plenty of slack. It's a pity the first and only time I commented on your choice of language you weren't too receptive and instead told me what was acceptable in the forum...

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Woah! Amusing is one thing. Nasty is another. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&pagenumber=12

No place for the OTT nasty comments here, oh no, this site is very 'accommodating' sometimes and if you make an off comment all you have to do is delete it or apologize (as long as you don't do it too often! Mr Don!)
Yes, sometimes all it takes is an apology. I don't ask for much really.

Peter
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:09 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by ptlabs
It's a pity the first and only time I commented on your choice of language you weren't too receptive and instead told me what was acceptable in the forum...
Is such language acceptable when referring to Emile Heskey?

Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:10 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Peter
OMG Peter, you sound just like my Mom.....

Anya.

PS: please don't ban me for that, she's a nice lady, honest, guv...
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:49 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Billy...............ave yer been a bad boy again?

I didn't always agree with your behaviour Billy....... but I did notice you tended to focus only on those who doled out the sh*te too

For wot its worf......most of us will miss your mad humour

Hows about an aplogy to the mods.....if you promise not to be a silly Billy then maybe they'll let ya back into the gang

BTW.....when yer get to Oz.......you're not thinking of joining the Diplomatic services are ya Bill?

Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Woah! Amusing is one thing. Nasty is another. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&pagenumber=12
I never even knew that forum, the 'Take it Outside!' forum, even existed!

It's no wonder arguments get heated in there if it's strapline is, "...keep all political, religious and other controversial topics in here...". Hardly a premise that'll encourage 'friendly' debate.

In a nutshell, what's the point of that forum (especially considering there's a 'Lounge')??

As the decision to moderate it has been made, every other post must surely have to be looked at for approval.

That said, some folk hardly cover themselves in glory with some of the comments made - folk who post regularly on this forum and whose comments I'd otherwise respected.

As MrMover alluded to, how on earth do some people survive in life with skin as thin as that?

How daft to get so upset about what are (for the most part) comments made by disembodied usernames.

I understand that even this post will get the hackles up for some, but if you don't like what I've said you can rest easy knowing that I won't be posting in that forum - I won't be spoiling your fun. It will be 'young_lad-free'

(And yes, you can call Emily Heskey whatever you want - as long as it's not 'international striker')
Old Jun 15th 2004, 11:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Billy...............ave yer been a bad boy again?
Hows about an aplogy to the mods.....if you promise not to be a silly Billy then maybe they'll let ya back into the gang
Thats already happened once hasn't it??

WBB, you overstepped the mark once to often and as i have said in the other post, IMHO the abuse was totally unecessary. Ceri may be opionated, but just cos you don't agree, does not mean that she is a C and needs a good ****ing

Ta tar and i hope that when you get to oz you get on better with people face to face
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:05 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by young_lad
I never even knew that forum, the 'Take it Outside!' forum, even existed!
I thought that forum was created specifically for the "over the top" discussions

I did notice that after WBB was banned the first time, he did seem to keep his more outragous comments out of the "Australia & NewZealand Forum" , and not having seen much of the take it outside forum, I hadn't heard that much from him for ages. It almost seemed that he had made a choice not to disrupt this particular forum.

It would be good if certain posters could be limited to certain forums, that way those that just want to post for information, could be allowed to do so peacefully, and those who want some spiced up discussions would also be catered for. A best of both worlds situation.

Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:18 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sad to see him go. He mostly posted crap and that Ceri rant was TFU - totally unacceptable
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Kentish Man
On this forum WBB was un-pc, forthright in opinion, took no shit and swore like a docker with Tourette's. Surely he'll fit in perfectly with the Aussies?

Umm,

I have to say, little offended by this quote, as my 5 yr old has tourettes, please can we have a little caution , when it comes to throwing around medical insults,

Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2004, 3:35 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Im glad he has gone. He was not only abusive in the forum but also in PM's.

I don't mean the odd swear word either..!!!

Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:41 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

That's because you invited me to, literally. I've resisted repeated requests to ban you because I gave you plenty of slack. It's a pity the first and only time I commented on your choice of language you weren't too receptive and instead told me what was acceptable in the forum...

Peter

I aint gonna creep here, my comments regarding this issue are on page 1 of this thread.

WBB acted a prick, end of.

I admire you for posting a reply in a somewhat contentious thread.

In view of the rantings and ravings of individuals on here, im somewhat bemused.

However as a poster and reader of factual and trivial posts, i distance myself from the iconic replies that wbb ever made, concentrating on minimum 3 word replies within posts.

Rather like certain email programmes, i think it fit to introduce a policy of entering at least a sentence for it to be deemed a valid post !!

Would save countless wasteage of memory on the servers.

Id like to calculate wbb's contributions over the time he has been here, and i hasten it probably hasnt amounted to more than 1k in space !

In conclusion , he cant be regarded as a waste of space, and as such should, begrudgingly, i admit, be reinstated with his wrists severley slapped.

Although his return wouldnt excite me, we all commit effort and energy to this site, and leniancy is always a far sweeter pill to swallow.

My thoughts anyway Steve
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:51 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, didn't know all this was going on and have to admit to being rather shocked and a bit scared by the whole thing. I thought this was meant to be a useful, informative, supportive forum, with some lighthearted banter and irrelevant posts along the way to lighten the mood. Not death threats and character assassinations.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:54 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
I aint gonna creep here, my comments regarding this issue are on page 1 of this thread.

WBB acted a prick, end of.

I admire you for posting a reply in a somewhat contentious thread.

In view of the rantings and ravings of individuals on here, im somewhat bemused.

However as a poster and reader of factual and trivial posts, i distance myself from the iconic replies that wbb ever made, concentrating on minimum 3 word replies within posts.

Rather like certain email programmes, i think it fit to introduce a policy of entering at least a sentence for it to be deemed a valid post !!

Would save countless wasteage of memory on the servers.

Id like to calculate wbb's contributions over the time he has been here, and i hasten it probably hasnt amounted to more than 1k in space !

In conclusion , he cant be regarded as a waste of space, and as such should, begrudgingly, i admit, be reinstated with his wrists severley slapped.

Although his return wouldnt excite me, we all commit effort and energy to this site, and leniancy is always a far sweeter pill to swallow.

My thoughts anyway Steve
The solution here is a simple one: we just turn this into 'The Big Brother Forum' & members get to vote on who should be banned at any given time.

Oh yes, and we all get our pics in the tabloids, too.

Anyone up for it?

Anya.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:55 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Blimey, didn't know all this was going on and have to admit to being rather shocked and a bit scared by the whole thing. I thought this was meant to be a useful, informative, supportive forum, with some lighthearted banter and irrelevant posts along the way to lighten the mood. Not death threats and character assassinations.

Quite amazing isnt it, how familiarity breeds contempt.

Least in AUstralia, you just get called a Wan*** , and thats the end of it.. But here it more sinister and engineered.

Sad when the only reason i come here is to read abc's posts and a few others, and use peoples experience as a barometer against out success/failings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.