Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ways to get accepted in Australia

Ways to get accepted in Australia

Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ways to get accepted in Australia

Sew corks on all your hats and caps
Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:44 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Sew corks on all your hats and caps

Say to someone 'Is there any way I can wrestle some crocs like Steve Irwin' And when they say no, throw a tantrum saying you thought thats what they were there for.

When you find a spider in your house, shout and scream and say 'I never knew you had spiders in Australia'

Complain to the local council about parrots and how noisey they are, and is there anything that can be done????

Run around and say 'Sun protection is a load of shite' and then proceed to sunbathe with a handkerchief over your head and go pink enough to resemble a joint of gammon.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Ask for directions to Ramsay Street

Tell them Tim tams arent as good as penguins

And constantly remind people that 'Uluru is just a rock'

Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:16 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a few more:

- Refuse to greet people with G'Day, always say 'Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening'

- Tell everyone you meet how wonderful it is to be in the colonies and complement them on having basic amenities such as toilets.

- Inform people that AFL isn't really a proper sport, but it keeps the colonials happy and stops them rebelling.

- Always wear a bowler hat.

- Inform everyone that rather than granting Australia independence, the country should be ruled directly from London, so that they don't have to worry about complicated matters.

- Whenever you're introduced to someone Australian, ask them what crime their forefathers committed in order to get transported over.

Paul.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:31 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Here's a few more:

- Refuse to greet people with G'Day, always say 'Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening'

- Tell everyone you meet how wonderful it is to be in the colonies and complement them on having basic amenities such as toilets.

- Inform people that AFL isn't really a proper sport, but it keeps the colonials happy and stops them rebelling.

- Always wear a bowler hat.

- Inform everyone that rather than granting Australia independence, the country should be ruled directly from London, so that they don't have to worry about complicated matters.

- Whenever you're introduced to someone Australian, ask them what crime their forefathers committed in order to get transported over.

Paul.
PMSL
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:01 am
Professional Princess

Tell them that you realise how hard it is to rehabilitate yourself from the 'nation of convicts' and tell them that they really shouldnt be jealous that you are from England.

Ask the lifeguards why they wear those silly hats on their heads and tell them they resemble the top of a mans willy with a condom on it.

Ask them what the hell is 'Iron Man' anyway? Its just a silly contest right?

Pick up a blue bottle with a large pair of tongs and chuck it at the nearest surfer shouting 'Catch'.

Tell them that there are lots of people in England just waiting to break the law, so they can be convicted and sent to Australia and isnt it great, we can all be friends?

Do nothing but moan constantly about how salty the sea is.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god you have all had me PMSL
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:17 am
Oz won't no whats hit em!

lindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Ways to get accepted in Australia

Hiya,

Just wanted to say, this is, by far teh funniest thread i have read since joining the forum. found it last night and was roaring with laughter to the point that i had tears streaming down my face!

loving your work guys!

luv Linda x
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:34 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by lindaclaire
Hiya,

Just wanted to say, this is, by far teh funniest thread i have read since joining the forum. found it last night and was roaring with laughter to the point that i had tears streaming down my face!

loving your work guys!

luv Linda x

But you must add to it to keep it going

Tell everyone you know Rolf Harris and he comes to your house for tea.

When you go to the local Coles, do an aboriginal dance at the checkout.

Ask the local policemen if they watch 'the Bill' and then tell them EVERYTHING that happens in the plot to ruin it, embelish your story and add to it to get them excited.

Ask them if 'Cell Block H is real'

Go to a barbie and tell them sausages are for girls.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:26 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

refuse to like Delta Goodrem.. and call her a home breaker. (I find that really helps)

Also, remind them that Kylie is now officially British as she lives in the UK now. but Danni is still Aussie....
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:29 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake
refuse to like Delta Goodrem.. and call her a home breaker. (I find that really helps)

Also, remind them that Kylie is now officially British as she lives in the UK now. but Danni is still Aussie....
Danni is welcome to stay at my place anytime
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:31 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them you didn't realise they had inside toilets and not just dunnies

Tell them you didn't realise there were bitumen roads between cities (my dad said that one to me)

Say that the aborigines are poorly treated by the whites (dare you!)

When they ask in Target if they can look inside your bag say sure, can I look inside your handbag too

Say that Aussie wine is no substitute for the better French stuff
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:31 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

OK Sam....!!!!

I think it's about time you had Myself, Bordy, Soapy, & Biggy, as, "mysterious Scottish strangers of unknown repute" in your next BE story!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:36 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Scossie
OK Sam....!!!!

I think it's about time you had Myself, Bordy, Soapy, & Biggy, as, "mysterious Scottish strangers of unknown repute" in your next BE story!!
Defo!

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:45 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Defo!

Waaaay.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.