Reload this Page >

The way the brits are

The way the brits are

Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:43 am
Cov Boy in Oz

Skyblue1 will become famous soon enoughSkyblue1 will become famous soon enough
Default The way the brits are

Hi all,
Is the way of living in Oz anywhere near the same of here in England?? I'm on about taxes on pay, medical conditions in hospitals, the wasted journey home, schools for infants that sort of thing....
Also, how easy is it to start driving in OZ?? I've been driving for about 10 years and would this benifit me in Oz...

TIA
Martin:~)
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:50 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The way the brits are

Originally Posted by Skyblue1
Hi all,
Is the way of living in Oz anywhere near the same of here in England?? I'm on about taxes on pay, medical conditions in hospitals, the wasted journey home, schools for infants that sort of thing....
Also, how easy is it to start driving in OZ?? I've been driving for about 10 years and would this benifit me in Oz...

TIA
My journey home isn't wasted ... the alternatives aren't attractive.

Basically Martin, it's pretty much the same ... the big plus for me apart from family (I married an Aussie and have a Aussie daughter) is more living space for my (our!) money ... but I still have an hour's commute to enjoy it ... so there you go, compromises ...

3 and a half acres for $315,000 (2 years ago...) ... makes sense for us anyway.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:15 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

TIA
In answer to your first part, in fairly broad terms, yes but its a bit warmer,

In the second, very and yes it will.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:52 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Hi all,

TIA
I would say it's better, but very similar to England. Obvious benefits include bright weather and beaches. The rest of the ills of modern society, and the red-tape, are present, and usually the same, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

Driving in QLD is a case of taking a form down to the local transport office and getting a local licence! Other than that, i find driving in Oz more relaxed than England (but that may still be a case of rosy-specs syndrome, as we've only been here about 8 months).

Lots of variables to determine what fruits your potential life in Oz will bear.