Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Watt Dabney throws the towel in!!!

Watt Dabney throws the towel in!!!

Old Jun 20th 2003, 12:33 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Watt Dabney throws the towel in!!!

Thats it, its official, I've had enough.

I've been an active member of this site for quite some time now. In the begining mostly needing advice from others as a wannabe NZ'er, to the people who gave me that advice I am very grateful, thankyou. More recently, having made the move, I have been able to give a little advice of my own, I hope I've been of help. Most immportantly along the way I've made some really good friends, but the site had deterioated to the point that it no longer resembles the community I joined.

I have no problem with the likes of PB, Dotty, Herman who have genuine issues with OZ/NZ and take the time to share them. The cutting and pasting does however get very tedious and unfortunately causes people to doubt the validity of PB's opinion, which is a shame.

The latest infestation of multiple personality posters has just about ruined this site to the point where it barely serves any purpose but feed their egos and cause 'cyber fist fights' much to the sadisitic amusement of the provoker. It resembles the Jerry Springer Show more than British Expats.

I have long resisted the ignore function and was about to give it a go when a 'troll' came in the chat room whilst I was chatting to friends the other day. It made me realise the ignore function would not stop this and it was time to call it a day.

Over the next few days I will be PM'ing some of the friends I have made my e-mail address in the hope of keeping in touch. If anyone wants to keep in touch with me just send me a PM.

I wish everyone the very best in their forthcoming adventures, I hope you all get the lifestyle you want. That includes wishing PB all the best in Kinver, its a nice spot.

Its a shame its come to this.

Paula
Old Jun 20th 2003, 12:40 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Watt Dabney throws the towel in!!!

Originally posted by Watt Dabney

I've been an active member of this site for quite some time now. In the begining mostly needing advice from others as a wannabe NZ'er, to the people who gave me that advice I am very grateful, thankyou. More recently, having made the move, I have been able to give a little advice of my own, I hope I've been of help. Most immportantly along the way I've made some really good friends, but the site had deterioated to the point that it no longer resembles the community I joined.

I have no problem with the likes of PB, Dotty, Herman who have genuine issues with OZ/NZ and take the time to share them. The cutting and pasting does however get very tedious and unfortunately causes people to doubt the validity of PB's opinion, which is a shame.

The latest infestation of multiple personality posters has just about ruined this site to the point where it barely serves any purpose but feed their egos and cause 'cyber fist fights' much to the sadisitic amusement of the provoker. It resembles the Jerry Springer Show more than British Expats.

I have long resisted the ignore function and was about to give it a go when a 'troll' came in the chat room whilst I was chatting to friends the other day. It made me realise the ignore function would not stop this and it was time to call it a day.

Over the next few days I will be PM'ing some of the friends I have made my e-mail address in the hope of keeping in touch. If anyone wants to keep in touch with me just send me a PM.

I wish everyone the very best in their forthcoming adventures, I hope you all get the lifestyle you want. That includes wishing PB all the best in Kinver, its a nice spot.

Paula
Sorry to lose you Paula

Hope everything continues to go well for you in NZ

Mel

PS for what it's worth I completely understand, having recently used the "ignore" function for the first time myself. I only joined the forum in January and have seen a rapid deterioration in the conversations since then. I suspect that, once I reach Australia, I will be leaving the forum too.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 12:57 pm
Badge

i will be sad to see you go WD as I enjoyed talking to you on chat.

i was looking at past posts and couldn't help noticing the quality of them - people were talking about lifestyle and culture .....what this group is for. Come on group - let's make a real effort to ask questions about lifestyle and culture. I love the threads that go what do you like about Aus etc.

(OK mine are not much better- but at least I try to educate about real life in Aus - not say turn it in to a "I hate PB/Wilf"....and all the other stuff!!)

badgers

Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paula

Completely understand your reasons you will be missed.

footie chick
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Paula

Really sorry to see you go.

All the best

Terry

Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Moderator needs to be far tougher, the softly softly approach is ruining it for the majority

All the best and perhaps if I'm in CChch a few of us could meet up for a

Bye.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah quite understand,, The forum has taken a turn for the worst. sometimes I wonder about how to put a new thread on as I know someone will do their best to ridicule it and not give any appropriate advice whether neg or positive.
Alot of stuff is now quite tedius and I tend to PM people that Ive made friends with and get and give advice that way. Some people are so tedius that they even have to let you know if youv,e used the wrong puncutations marks etc. Come on , use the forum for what it,s meant to be for. Lets get it back to the standards we know that we all can achieve.

Thank you for listening!!! (reading that is) you know what I mean.

Cheers
BooBoo
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Paula,

Perhaps just have a break from the forum, you never know, they might get bored with it soon.

Good luck, try & look in once in a while, would like to know how your app goes,

Cheers, Gra..
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm another who has finally had to resort to using the Ignore feature this week for the first time. The forum was both useful and entertaining until recently, but I now find myself wondering whether I will get ridiculed for answering someone's query, and I have also started looking at posts and wondering whether they are true, or a load of rubbish posted to spark controversy.

There are a lot of people out there who have a lot of useful information to share, but as always there are a few idiots who ruin it for the rest of us.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:34 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally agree. Was just saying to hubbie today that I'd been put off the forum just lately. Not enough real information that we all crave - just back-biting, nastiness, etc.

Come on everyone let's get back on track.

Kate
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:35 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default thanks for ya contact

we'll keep in touch Paula don't worry ............

I know how ya feel.......

a few weeks back I had a problem in chat when i was been chatted up in private........ really worried me at the time as their name was not online.......... I sent a message to Sue the moderator, who informs me that there is nothing they can do to prevent people loggin into chat with a diferent name.

later dicovered who it was but......its so unsettling so..........plez moderators if ya lookin in......try and do something about it!!!!

Love and best wishes to you and your family Paula....... my address and number have been left on ya pm.

be in touch real soon

love

Lisa
XXXXXXXX

Last edited by Boomie; Jun 20th 2003 at 1:38 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by booboo
Alot of stuff is now quite tedius and I tend to PM people that Ive made friends with and get and give advice that way
Cheers
BooBoo
Its a shame that you have to PM people, but I totally understand, its just that valuable information is not going to get posted to the wider audience of knowledge hungry wannabe Ausies.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:39 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

This is the moderators fault for letting this situation get this bad.
I hope they start getting tough with these flame posters.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:43 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Watt Dabney

Paula
Hi Paula,

Have to agree with your points.

I have enjoyed reading your posts from the otherside.

Pop back in from time to time. You never know you may get the urge.

BTW, Shouldn't you be in bed now. Isn't it about 1.30am in NZ?
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, heres an appeal to The Moderators out there!!!
Get the forum back to its former sensible state, pleeeeze?

If the idiots want to chat, and wind people up, let 'em go somewhere else, they can even have their own forum, just leave us alone.

Any comments from The Moderators? you're all keeping very quiet.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.