Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

water charges and landlords in melly

water charges and landlords in melly

Old May 9th 2005, 7:49 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default water charges and landlords in melly

hi

does anyone know if I pay the water bills or if my landlord pays the water for me?

We moved in begining of Feb and have not yet had a water bill, my aunty from Perth said that in Perth the landlord pays the water, but when i asked our agents they said no we did.

We have a SMALL garden (which i dont water) and its a 3 bed town house, if we do have to pay the water bill, does anyone have any ideas how much it will be, if and when it arrives???????
thanks
laura
xxx
Old May 9th 2005, 7:57 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: water charges and landlords in melly

I pay water usage but not the water rates, so usage alone isn't really that much.
Hope that helps Jenny
Old May 9th 2005, 7:59 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
I pay water usage but not the water rates, so usage alone isn't really that much.
Hope that helps Jenny

thanks Jen
how much per month do you think i should tuck away? been saving $60 per month to cover charges, will this be enough?

r u in melly?
laura
x
Old May 9th 2005, 8:03 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
thanks Jen
how much per month do you think i should tuck away? been saving $60 per month to cover charges, will this be enough?

r u in melly?
laura
x
My last bill which was for 20 Aug to 15 October so about 8 weeks worth and a whopping $24.95

Jenny

Jenny
Old May 9th 2005, 8:09 am
ABCDiamond

If your property is separately metered, the tenant is responsible for paying the following charges:
* all charges based on the amount of water consumed (but not service charges or reconnection fees)
* all sewerage disposal charges (This bit is more than the actual water usage)

The Landlord pays the Access Service Charges.

If you do not have separate meters for your water service, you are not responsible for any of the costs of that service. These costs will be the responsibility of the landlord.

Old May 9th 2005, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If your property is separately metered, the tenant is responsible for paying the following charges:
* all charges based on the amount of water consumed (but not service charges or reconnection fees)
* all sewerage disposal charges (This bit is more than the actual water usage)

The Landlord pays the Access Service Charges.

If you do not have separate meters for your water service, you are not responsible for any of the costs of that service. These costs will be the responsibility of the landlord.

thanks guys, ill try and find a meter.....

laura
x