Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Watching Sky TV in Oz, very suspicious site...

Wikiposts

Watching Sky TV in Oz, very suspicious site...

Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Watching Sky TV in Oz, very suspicious site...

I could be wrong ( I will be one day ), but this site looks waaaayyy suspicious to me:

http://www.internetfootball.info/

It comes up as the top sponsored link (very top of the page in blue) when you do a google for 'Watching football on the internet UK Australia'.

It claims 7.95GBP gives you lifetime membership to over 200 of Skys channels, including all the footie, all broadcast over the internet. Uh huh, who believes it so far?

200+ Channels
Instant Activation
Life-time membership
One-time fee
Customer Support
No recurring payments EVER!
I was so intrigued by this, I clicked through to the order section. It took me to paypal that said:

PayPal is the secure payment processor for your seller, gifthampers2u. Learn more about PayPal.

Pay To: gifthampers2u
Payment For: Sky TV

Amount: £7.95 GBP
Total Amount: £7.95 GBP
GIFTHAMPERS2U !!!

Why do I get the feeling Gifthampers2u will not deliver a lifetime membership to Sky for 7.95?

Anyone fancy blowing 7.95 GBP to find out what you do get? I'd guess its a gift hamper with a fleece in it.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:59 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watching Sky TV in Oz, very suspicious site...

7.95gbp in aussie dollars is about...loads... well thats enough to buy some lettuces and stuff.

We could do shares - , everyone chivvy in $1 ...hehe
Old Apr 24th 2005, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

i think they just supply you with links to sites that offer internet streaming which you could probably find yourself.It's not a sky subscription.

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I could be wrong ( I will be one day ), but this site looks waaaayyy suspicious to me:

http://www.internetfootball.info/

It comes up as the top sponsored link (very top of the page in blue) when you do a google for 'Watching football on the internet UK Australia'.

It claims 7.95GBP gives you lifetime membership to over 200 of Skys channels, including all the footie, all broadcast over the internet. Uh huh, who believes it so far?

I was so intrigued by this, I clicked through to the order section. It took me to paypal that said:

GIFTHAMPERS2U !!!

Why do I get the feeling Gifthampers2u will not deliver a lifetime membership to Sky for 7.95?

Anyone fancy blowing 7.95 GBP to find out what you do get? I'd guess its a gift hamper with a fleece in it.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by skyblue
i think they just supply you with links to sites that offer internet streaming which you could probably find yourself.It's not a sky subscription.
Sounds about right. These kind of things are always on eBay.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:56 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Seen a few like this. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole myself.....