fed up with uk

Old Apr 17th 2005, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default fed up with uk

hi there,i will be moving to perth in dec this year with my family and it can't come soon enough,i feel in leaving the uk i'm leaving the proverbial sinking
ship,i feel with the weather,immigration{ in particular the past twenty years} and more importantly the economy, britain has become a shithole{sorry to offend}i hate to think what the uk will be like in the next couple of decades.
i am leaving britain{scotland}for australia for a better quality of life, i know
it's not all about sun,surf and sand, i will still be working hard and paying the bills as in the uk but that's where the similarity ends,i will be working to live
and not living to work as i seem to be doing at the moment,life in britain has
become intollerable and i'm thankful to have the opportunity to move to oz.
i have been sitting on my visa for a few years now and have visited oz a
couple of times and can say with certainty that when i move i won't be back.
i have no family or friends in oz but i know that the long term benefits will be
without doubt worth it.
now that i've got that off my chest i'd like to hear your thoughts.
martin.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: fed up with uk

I can understand with some of what you are saying but you to are going to be a immigrant ( trying really hard to be politically correct ). Last person out turn off the lghts
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:01 pm
Banned

mungomidge is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fitz
hi there,i will be moving to perth in dec this year with my family and it can't come soon enough,i feel in leaving the uk i'm leaving the proverbial sinking
ship,i feel with the weather,immigration{ in particular the past twenty years} and more importantly the economy, britain has become a shithole{sorry to offend}i hate to think what the uk will be like in the next couple of decades.
i am leaving britain{scotland}for australia for a better quality of life, i know
it's not all about sun,surf and sand, i will still be working hard and paying the bills as in the uk but that's where the similarity ends,i will be working to live
i have no family or friends in oz but i know that the long term benefits will be
without doubt worth it.
martin.
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAY YOURE SPOT ON
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:37 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

We hear you fitz
Like your avatar
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:51 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

without doubt worth it.
martin.
Can't disagree with anything really.

Oh and last person out, please shut the door too
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:01 pm
Merlot

Question Are the Aussies fed up with Poms?

I ain't going to agree or disagree with what you are saying, seen too many "hot" potatoes on this Forum of late They usually end up with too many handbags getting tossed around

What I am wondering is how the average Aussie feels about the up turn in those from the UK coming over to their shores? Has anyone got any insight?

As it has been said before we are immigrants to Oz (though like me many are naturalised Australians).

Any thoughts on that one?

M

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

hippychic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: fed up with uk

without doubt worth it.
martin.

"Here Here"
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

,life in britain has
Without making any judgement on what you've written .... If you hate life in Britain so much and have had your visa for 2 years, how come you haven't emigrated already?
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:05 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Can't disagree with anything really.

Oh and last person out, please shut the door too
Sod that.... leave the door open, the lights on and what ever else you want to leave on....... it's their mess now not yours.....
CORKER
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CORKER
Sod that.... leave the door open, the lights on and what ever else you want to leave on....... it's their mess now not yours.....
CORKER
Ok, you know what, I'm not gonna even flush the toilet!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:07 pm
Merlot

CORKER
OK, thinking aloud, as most of the Forum en-mass are off to Oz.

We all have relatives, family & friends we love left over here (UK), is the attitude the right one to run and not look back?

How about when you get to Oz, things don't go to plan and you want to return "home" - what happens then.

No arguing here, just wondering how it will all end?

M

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:09 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by Merlot

We all have relatives, family & friends we love left over here (UK), is the attitude the right one to run and not look back?

How about when you get to Oz, things don't go to plan and you want to return "home" - what happens then.

M
Ship the family over when you get citizenship.... let them flush the bog...
CORKER
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:10 pm
Merlot

Ship the family over when you get citizenship.... let them flush the bog...
CORKER
Can't argue with that one, as long as they wash their hands properly

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:12 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

M
I know what you're saying. I don't hate life in Britain as it goes. Not saying it's perfect but I get along OK with it. Either I'm lucky not to have some of the problems others have thrust upon me, or I just plain old don't see it.

Anyway, when people are quizzing me about my plans, I never say "it's because Britain has gone to the dogs" or whatever. And part of me thinks like you Merlot: what happens if for whatever reason we come back here? I would have to face all those people who I told Britain was crap and then tell them I didn't like Oz so I came back to it!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:13 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Can't argue with that one, as long as they wash their hands properly

Personally i hate UK too, but really u should be going cos u want OZ not cos u hate UK. at least that way you wont have any expectaionsof OZ when u get there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.