Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wasn't shipping dog, now we are ... but there's no room!

Wasn't shipping dog, now we are ... but there's no room!

Old Aug 19th 2006, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wasn't shipping dog, now we are ... but there's no room!

So now what do I do?

We've always said no to taking dogs, hard enough in itself. We've re-homed 2 of the 3 but left with one.

He's the one I'd have chosen to take all along, fittest, youngest, used to kennels, best (only ) trained lol!

So last night OH said well as we've not found suitable home, we're certainly not giving him up to any old one, lets look into taking him. So dutifully read all the various threads on here, Hutch - yours was brill.

Emailed Par Air, Air Pets and Jets 4 Pets. Got message straight back from Par Air (and yes they do answer the phone like its a home phone!) - no room in quarantine in whole of Australia until November. We wanted to send him in Sept so when we arrive in October we can collect straight away.

When I looked into this prior to deciding we wouldn't take any I was told the air lines don't take pets from October onwards due to increase post for Christmas etc so what on earth do I do now???
Old Aug 19th 2006, 1:27 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wasn't shipping dog, now we are ... but there's no room!

Originally Posted by jothefw
So now what do I do?

We've always said no to taking dogs, hard enough in itself. We've re-homed 2 of the 3 but left with one.

He's the one I'd have chosen to take all along, fittest, youngest, used to kennels, best (only ) trained lol!

So last night OH said well as we've not found suitable home, we're certainly not giving him up to any old one, lets look into taking him. So dutifully read all the various threads on here, Hutch - yours was brill.

Emailed Par Air, Air Pets and Jets 4 Pets. Got message straight back from Par Air (and yes they do answer the phone like its a home phone!) - no room in quarantine in whole of Australia until November. We wanted to send him in Sept so when we arrive in October we can collect straight away.

When I looked into this prior to deciding we wouldn't take any I was told the air lines don't take pets from October onwards due to increase post for Christmas etc so what on earth do I do now???
Is there anyone to leave the dog temporarily with, as it is only 14 weeks? What about responses from other two, or have you contacted AQIS direct regarding any kennel space? How many airlines gave that info on no flights after October?
Old Aug 19th 2006, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Is there anyone to leave the dog temporarily with, as it is only 14 weeks? What about responses from other two, or have you contacted AQIS direct regarding any kennel space? How many airlines gave that info on no flights after October?
Hi Bloke,

Not yet heard from other pet shippers - probably won't till Monday at the earliest and as for flights I can't remember now who it was, but got the impression that was the general rule.

Have sent email to AQIS too - so we shall see.

I'm just panicing I know! I found it hard to decide not to take, to now change our minds has been another rench and now we may not be able to do it as straight forwardly as we hoped - hey ho ... nothings ever straight forward is it.

I'll look into where he could possibly stay before being shipped, problem is he's a bit of a handful (aren't all springers!) and isn't a "house" dog so need kennels and plenty of space etc.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 8:57 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothefw
Hi Bloke,

Not yet heard from other pet shippers - probably won't till Monday at the earliest and as for flights I can't remember now who it was, but got the impression that was the general rule.

Have sent email to AQIS too - so we shall see.

I'm just panicing I know! I found it hard to decide not to take, to now change our minds has been another rench and now we may not be able to do it as straight forwardly as we hoped - hey ho ... nothings ever straight forward is it.

I'll look into where he could possibly stay before being shipped, problem is he's a bit of a handful (aren't all springers!) and isn't a "house" dog so need kennels and plenty of space etc.
Hope everything works out for you mate.