Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Washing Powders does any one know?

Washing Powders does any one know?

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Washing Powders does any one know?

Just wondered if anyone can help with regard to washing powders? In the uk I use Aerial Colour liquid and powder but on a recent trip to aus did not see this brand. My problem is that I am very allergic to Persil (face/eyes swell up and terrible itching etc . Does anyone know if the makers of aerial make products that are sold in aus and under what name? Thank you.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing Powders does any one know?

what about surf???? they sell that
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:49 pm
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

always had problems with powders wherever we have been, kids eczema and allergies myself, started using aldis, almat powder a couple of years ago and its the best i;ve ever used, no problems with skin or allergies, they have aldi here so have been able to keep using it
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mrs M
Just wondered if anyone can help with regard to washing powders? In the uk I use Aerial Colour liquid and powder but on a recent trip to aus did not see this brand. My problem is that I am very allergic to Persil (face/eyes swell up and terrible itching etc . Does anyone know if the makers of aerial make products that are sold in aus and under what name? Thank you.

Hi there ,i am quite sure OMO is persil here, I got an old work friend who works in a supermarker back home to check the international names of things as i used Ariel as well. They could not find that but as i said earlier OMO came back as persil, hope this helps.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:46 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clanwylie
Hi there ,i am quite sure OMO is persil here, I got an old work friend who works in a supermarker back home to check the international names of things as i used Ariel as well. They could not find that but as i said earlier OMO came back as persil, hope this helps.
you can also get OMO sensitive, for people with sensitive skin.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Theres also a liquid sold here called Purity, thats good for senssitive skin, and eczema. I can't use any powder, and even some liquids are dodgy, but Purity is OK for me.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:08 am

gedge has disabled reputation

we buy that one... although i hadn't a clue yesterday when dispatched to the shops with a list that had "wash powder" written on it
i'd forgotten my mobile and spent ages deliberating... "which box could i remember seeing at home...?"
now i know, lesson learnt! (there's a sub message here for wives sending their OH's to do the shopping... write down all the relevant details on the shopping list, no matter how trivial it may seem to you)
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:22 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
we buy that one... although i hadn't a clue yesterday when dispatched to the shops with a list that had "wash powder" written on it
i'd forgotten my mobile and spent ages deliberating... "which box could i remember seeing at home...?"
now i know, lesson learnt! (there's a sub message here for wives sending their OH's to do the shopping... write down all the relevant details on the shopping list, no matter how trivial it may seem to you)
but i'll bet if she had written 'beer' on the list, you would have known exactly which brand to get, am i right?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:20 am

gedge has disabled reputation

but i'll bet if she had written 'beer' on the list, you would have known exactly which brand to get, am i right?
if beer was on the weekly shop list i wouldn't any cause for complaint
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:38 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
if beer was on the weekly shop list i wouldn't any cause for complaint
Surely brand wouldn't matter too much then
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:28 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.......just found this website. Proctor and Gamble are the makers of Aeriel. This is a list of products that they sell globally and it could be you recognise a different brand name that you have seen in supermarkets.
If you can get Tide, try that it is always a nice one I find. Doesn't flare my sons excema......good luck Ems x

http://www.pg.com/company/who_we_are...products.jhtml
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who replied I will have a good look at the proctor and gamble website. But once again thank you for all your tips and help.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

v moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nice

Hi, I too am allergic persil. but out here in Darwin so to be back in brissy I use OMO (Greenbox) and it smells nice and I have not had any allergic reaction. Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Mrs M
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:00 am
Just Joined

stuie is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't really matter too much as we haven't got any water left!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:07 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Top Tip, if you are in Adelaide (and many inland places especially if bore water) anything soap related needs to be in double doses due to high mineral content of water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.