Washing Powder.

Old May 29th 2004, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Default Washing Powder.

Okay , I know this is a really boring one but I have searched for the answer and keep coming back with nothing.My 3 year old son has really bad eczema and we can only use "Fairy" soap powder. Company says they do not supply to Oz. Any alternative non-bio suggestions that are on sale in the UK and available in Oz so that I can try b4 we go? Thanks.
Old May 29th 2004, 1:34 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Washing Powder.

Originally posted by Tass
Okay , I know this is a really boring one but I have searched for the answer and keep coming back with nothing.My 3 year old son has really bad eczema and we can only use "Fairy" soap powder. Company says they do not supply to Oz. Any alternative non-bio suggestions that are on sale in the UK and available in Oz so that I can try b4 we go? Thanks.
Sodium stearate, sodium carbonate & hot water.

This order:
Hot water, sodium carbonate, Sodium stearate, Washing.

Last edited by Megalania; May 29th 2004 at 1:44 pm.
Old May 29th 2004, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Megalania
Sodium stearate, sodium carbonate & hot water.

This order:
Hot water, sodium carbonate, Sodium stearate, Washing.

CHEERS !!! THANKS FOR BEING SO HELPFUL !!!
Old May 29th 2004, 2:01 pm
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sure if you look you will find similar gentle products.

They will, likely as not be under a different name, but you will find them.

I think Lux flakes may be along the lines of the product that you want.
Old May 29th 2004, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Tass
My hubby can only use Fairy (liquid not powder) - we used Amo Sensitive in Oz - we had to try a few before we found one that didn't irritate and this was the one we stuck with. It's in a blue plastic bottle with a baby on the front
Old May 29th 2004, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Tass
My hubby can only use Fairy (liquid not powder) - we used Amo Sensitive in Oz - we had to try a few before we found one that didn't irritate and this was the one we stuck with. It's in a blue plastic bottle with a baby on the front

Thank-you both . I know it's not big deal to some but for a child with sore skin it can make a big difference.Don't want to go back to steroid creams and bandages !! Thanks again.
Old May 29th 2004, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Pollyana had similar problems and I think she found
something to help.

Here is the thread (I hope)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=top+loader

I hope you find something to help.

Karen
Old May 29th 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by karen p
I think Pollyana had similar problems and I think she found
something to help.

Here is the thread (I hope)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=top+loader

I hope you find something to help.

Karen

Thanks , found it . Liked the photos !!!
Old May 30th 2004, 6:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,
Just come in and seen this thread. They really aren't geared up on this at all over here. However, thanks to the help of the site I can now recommend Am-o-lin (which BiLo now stocks) liquid as sourced by HiddenPaw, and the one Mrs D mentioned, Purity Sensitive liquid - which you can get in Coles. Both excellent, so you should be OK with them.

Another product you might find good is a fantastic soothing lotion called Alpha Keri you can get in pharmacies here - you can get the companion bath oil in the UK.

Hopefully your little one will improve over here

Good luck
Polly
xx
Old May 30th 2004, 8:43 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Tass
I found an excellent one made especially for asthma/eczema sufferers, in Safeways (Melbourne). I'm really sorry I can't recall the name of the product, though, but it is a bottle of washing liquid (personally, I find liquid much better than powder for not provoking eczema). The bottle is white plastic with a blue cap & it says quite clearly on the front label that it's for us 'special people'

Hope that helps; if you want the name I may be able to dig out the old receipt and see what it's listed as on the bill.

Anya.
Old May 30th 2004, 8:47 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

On a similar topic, can anyone recommend a good Oz product for handwashing delicates (eg cashmere sweaters etc)?

Many thanks!
Anya.
Old May 30th 2004, 9:09 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by anya4oz
On a similar topic, can anyone recommend a good Oz product for handwashing delicates (eg cashmere sweaters etc)?

Many thanks!
Anya.
Soak in tepid dilute aqueous solution of Sodium stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate.

Rinse well. Add a few drops of emulsified lanolin to final rinse.