washing machine

Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of
Question washing machine

Hi folks,

Had to get a new washing machine today, can I bring it with me when I go to Oz?

It is a Bosch.

Also can I bring TV's, american fridges etc, just when I am on the subject.

G'day,

Crocodileseamus
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:19 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: washing machine

Yes, you can bring all of that

Gina
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Yes, you can bring all of that

Gina
Hi, do you know if you have to have millions of adapters or can you change the plugs on the appliances?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:25 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boyz119
Hi, do you know if you have to have millions of adapters or can you change the plugs on the appliances?
you can change the plugs we have just changed 22

re the washer make sure you keep the bolts and make sure the packers pack it well, ours has arrived all bashed in though still works
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by possoms

re the washer make sure you keep the bolts and make sure the packers pack it well, ours has arrived all bashed in though still works
was told u couldn't bring fridge because of gases or something thats in them did u bring ur's?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi
was told u couldn't bring fridge because of gases or something thats in them did u bring ur's?
didnt bring the fridge wasnt told we couldnt? didnt bother cos it was only a little fitted one and we wanted a big one. I have heard that they cant cope with the heat here, though that isnt applicable to us they are not expensive to buy here
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:20 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we brought our Front Loader with us - struggled while we waited for it to arrive but it was worth it.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard that they cant cope with the heat here,
This is an urban myth.
I have 2 UK fridges in my garage (gets hot) and they work fine.

Bring everything.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:16 am
Just Joined

kplusw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crocodileseamus
Hi folks,

Had to get a new washing machine today, can I bring it with me when I go to Oz?

It is a Bosch.

Also can I bring TV's, american fridges etc, just when I am on the subject.

G'day,

Crocodileseamus
Probably obvious but here goes - might be worth checking how your shippers are going to pack your wash tub! May need to consider: empty it out, remove hose, tape up outlets, wind up the flex (keep the UK plug on - you can use an adaptor if you're desparate for clean undies!), screw in the transit bolts (keeps the drum static), don't leave anything inside the drum...! Phew - need to lie-down.

Good luck!

K

Last edited by kplusw; Jun 7th 2007 at 2:22 am.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

we didnt have our bolts and was told by packers that due to the drum dropping after they are removed is safer on the ship without bolts and will get there safely. will let you know in about 5 weeks if it arrives safely.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

We only bought a new fridge freezer last month (punctured the other one trying to remove ice ), so I intend bringing it as a beer fridge

Got washing machine last year and I love it IT can be set 24 hours in advance, so I set it in the morning to come on about 4pm, then the wash is just finished when I get home from work and ready to hang out and it hasn't been lying damp in the machine all day. Will be bringing it too

Lynn xx
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:30 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kplusw
Probably obvious but here goes - might be worth checking how your shippers are going to pack your wash tub! May need to consider: empty it out, remove hose, tape up outlets, wind up the flex (keep the UK plug on - you can use an adaptor if you're desparate for clean undies!), screw in the transit bolts (keeps the drum static), don't leave anything inside the drum...! Phew - need to lie-down.

Good luck!

K
please dont use an adaptor put a proper 10 or 15 amp plug on it
( depends on the rating of the socket outlet where your machine is going and your machines load requirements )
these are only a couple of $ at bunnings etc

why souldnt we use an adaptor ??
simple two reasons
A --- they dont have an earth pin and as the vast majority of machines have metal cases, should a fault arise the case will become live
live cases and people is a bad combo -- dont risk it

B -- the connections in adaptors is poor at best and washine machines typically have a 3 kw heater in them -- result a burnt out adaptor or worse case a fire --

again dont risk using adaptors on any thing that has a metal or conductive case and anything that uses alot of electricty

regards steve
electrician
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Many thanks everyone for all your good advice.

And of course for taking the time to respond.

G'day

crocodile seamus
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
we didnt have our bolts and was told by packers that due to the drum dropping after they are removed is safer on the ship without bolts and will get there safely. will let you know in about 5 weeks if it arrives safely.
hope its ok, my brother is a washing machine repair man he told us it had to have the bolts on as did our shippers?? (PSS)

the drum is ok and machine is working fine, its the control buttons that have been damaged kinda caved in like its been dropped or summat :curse:

and one of the dryers feet had broken off, they found it in the back on the van so it made it fine from the uk to tas it was just the removal men here that broke it.

When our shippers came to pack the stuff in the uk they hadnt brought enough boxes, they wrapped Cols planer in thick paper and said it would be crated before shipping.... NOOOO it came as it left and was broken.

my advice make sure everything is well and truly boxed and padded.

oo and as for overseas adapters I wish I'd brought a couple more for things like my CD and phone charger which has a plug that cant be changed.

Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

fiona021 will become famous soon enoughfiona021 will become famous soon enough

Do they wrap stuff up in bubble wrap? For instance we have nice mirrors and don't want them damaged en route.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.