Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

warun ponds area (nr geelong)

warun ponds area (nr geelong)

Old Jan 24th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default warun ponds area (nr geelong)

Hi
Anyone have any experiences on this place?
Wifes friend at work lived there a few years back and said it wonderfull!
Wifes a childrens nurse and im a plasterer and we have 2 boys 11/8
Cheers my dears
jase
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warun ponds area (nr geelong)

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hi
Cheers my dears
jase
It's near the freeway and shops. Personally I think it i suburban and dull.Popular though.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

dalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to all

Hi
Cheers my dears
jase
It's a fairly new and rather nice area in Geelong, close to Deakin University Waurn Ponds Campus , Highton and Belmont. All of this area (Highton, Grovedale, Belmont Bellbrae Waurn Ponds) is a very popular part of Geelong, and easy access to the Surf Coast and the Great Ocean Road. Not absolutely sure but the closest schools would be Christian College (private),Belmont Secondary College and Oberon High School both government schools in the Belmont area. Plenty of Primary schools in Highton, Belmont, Bellbrae, Grovedale and Torquay. I think there will be a new Secondary School opening in the Torquay area but not sure when

Fairly good shops (Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre) with Coles, Safeway, Target and other smaller shops. Reading cinema complex couple of good but inexpensive Italian Restaurants cafes and takeaway food outlets.

There is a large Baseball stadium already completed near the shopping centre. New sporting complex with indoor swimming pool etc presently being built.

This general area of Geelong is very popular, houses are large and new, about a 15 to 20 minutes drive to Geelong depending which area you live in. Not sure about the bus service at Waurn Ponds, but bus service in Grovedale, Highton and Belmont reasonable. Railway Station at South Geelong about 15 minutes away. Geelong Railway Station about 20 minutes away. Medical Centres in Highton and Belmont (including a bulk bill Medical Centre in Belmont) , Good shopping in Belmont (about 10 minutes drive from Waurn Ponds). Good facilities at Geelong Hospital.

Let me know if you need specific information.

Cheers

dalhousie
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Thanks alot dalhousie,great info!!!
Is there high speed trains running directly into melbourne?
Is it the place where a family could go for nice walks and stop off at a nice cofee shop etc etc
jase
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

dalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to all

Thanks alot dalhousie,great info!!!
Is there high speed trains running directly into melbourne?
Is it the place where a family could go for nice walks and stop off at a nice cofee shop etc etc
jase
Waurn Ponds is a city suburb, not really country walking, but there would be many walks all within a 10 to 20 minute drive. Geelong City is only about 15-20 minutes away many cafes and coffee shops there excellent, sea frontage and walks excellent , cafes on the waterfront many. Fine range of beach walks etc at Torquay about 15 minutes away and coffee shops there aplenty.
Belmont has a good shopping centre and the Barwon River is about 10 -15 minute drive away. Suggest you check out the site www.geelongcity.vic.gov.au this will give you an idea of the Geelong area and where Waurn Ponds is situated.

The trains to Melbourne run every half hour during peak period approx 6.30 am to 8.30 am and 4.00pm to 6.00 pm and every hour on the half hour during the off peak until about 12.00 midnight The trip to Melbourne takes about 55 minutes train arrives in Southern Cross Station at Spencer Street, then easy access from there to the city loop that will take you to Flinders Street (the centre of Melbourne) trains run Southern Cross to Flinders about every 5 minutes and take about 3 minutes travel time.

dalhousie
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dalhousie,you are a wealth of knowledge

We fancy renting one of them modern houses with open plan living!!
need 3 beds!
Warun ponds was just a area given to us,so maybe there are some better for our needs,i dont know.
We gotta start somewhere i suppose
How big is warun ponds please?
cheers again jason
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dalhousie,you are a wealth of knowledge

We fancy renting one of them modern houses with open plan living!!
need 3 beds!
Warun ponds was just a area given to us,so maybe there are some better for our needs,i dont know.
We gotta start somewhere i suppose
How big is warun ponds please?
cheers again jason
Thanks but I've lived in this part of Oz for over 50 years so I know it quite well. I really can't say how big Waurn Ponds is, it's a newish estate of rather large houses that is growing rapidly as Geelong becomes more popular. It is not a village or a town but an outer suburb of Geelong and I would imagine reasonably expensive. A three bedroom 2 bathroom, 2 car garage would probably not be a problem, some of the houses look 5 bedroom 3 bathroom places LOL. But if there are any for rent and what the rental is I don't have that information.

I suggest you look at the following sites of Estate Agents in the area:

www.raywhite.com

www.barryplant.com.au

www.maxwellcollins.com.au

www.hayden.com.au

There are many suburbs in Geelong that are fine to live in a few are:. Highton, Belmont, Grovedale, Hamlyn Heights, East Geelong. Torquay on the Surf Coast. Portarlington, Ocean Grove, Collendina on the Bellarine Peninsular. I suggest you use Google Earth and get an idea where these places are in relation to Geelong.

Cheers

dalhousie
Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:39 am
Just Joined

JanetBornkessel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: warun ponds area (nr geelong)

this four are nice sites. thank you for sharing.