Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Warning Re Shippers Beware

Warning Re Shippers Beware

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Re: Warning Re Shippers Beware

[QUOTE=marysidey] lATEST INSTALLMENT
Hi Mary,

Why sould you have to pay for the cleaning of the outside of the container, I think it is appalling. Can you not ask for the stuff to be offloaded from the container into a normal truck for delivery avoiding the need for the container to leave the port, but then I guess the labour charge for purring the stuff on another truck would be just as much.

The "company" have always seemed to have had a pretty good reputation, they have shipped our stuff for us (its on its way as we speak). I am surprised re the response you have had from them. I would have thought that they would have dealt with it in a better manner ie offered to pay half or something like that.

Hope it all works out for you, at least you'll get your stuff soon.

Tracy
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have any probs with the people you are on about I think perhaps you were unlucky. The thing that strikes me as odd is that our stuff turned up at our house in a completely different container it left in When we had the itamisation sheets this end, some boxes and items had been highlighted and these were the ones that Aquis requested to see. I just assume that they off loaded our stuff straight into another one in the process of getting to the boxes highlighted.

Jo
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They have to unload the container this end for Customs and AQIS inspection. The goods are then reloaded into another container or a truck for delivery.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:15 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

This is the one IPOM!!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kris maynard
This is the one IPOM!!

Thanks Kris ... found you!

Not going with PSS, but the warning is good.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:41 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why do we need to PM you after your Particularly Shit Shippers nightmare.

I assume it's not Masons
John Masons are good right? We are thinking of using them.

A bad idea?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:42 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

It could happen to any of the containers.....we are warned that it may happen.

We have got PSS in and they are excellent i must say

Rob
Old Mar 20th 2006, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK

A bad idea?
Dun, this thread I started here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362588
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:05 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
A bit confused as I couldn't see any mention of John Mason in your original thread. Are you/did you use them?

Cheers.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

A bit confused as I couldn't see any mention of John Mason in your original thread. Are you/did you use them?

Cheers.

Sorry Dun

I'm the one who's confused.

Try this link:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=362435&pp=15
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:15 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
It could happen to any of the containers.....we are warned that it may happen.

We have got PSS in and they are excellent i must say

Rob
But have you had your goods safely delivered this end? I would agree with you that they were very good at packing our stuff etc. but there ends their responsibility.

We too were charged for cleaning the container. Apparantly it is an "operational cost" and was therefore our responsibility.

The people they used this end (Chess International) were terrible and PSS promised me they wouldn't use them again but they still do.

Jane
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

A bad idea?

We used Masons and I can highly recommend them. We had a really easy move thanks to them.

Nothing was broken this end apart from the glass in one smallish picture frame which we half anticipated happening anyway.

Hels
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:26 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by iPom
Sorry Dun

I'm the one who's confused.

Try this link:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=362435&pp=15
Nice one. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hels
We used Masons and I can highly recommend them. We had a really easy move thanks to them.

Nothing was broken this end apart from the glass in one smallish picture frame which we half anticipated happening anyway.

Hels

It seems to be a bit of a lottery who you pick ... some people have a terrible time and others are great.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I asked one of the shippers I had come round and I think for something like £15 you can get an insurance policy which covers just this kind of eventuality.

I'll dig out my file later and see if I can find the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.