Warnbro WA

Old Apr 8th 2007, 6:42 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Warnbro WA

Anyone out there got any opinions on Warnbro?? Hubby has been offered a job SOR and we are looking at renting in Warnbro, we have an 11yr old daughter and I don`t drive. I`ve done a bit of research and it seems ok but some first hand comments would be helpful.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:35 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warnbro WA

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Anyone out there got any opinions on Warnbro?? Hubby has been offered a job SOR and we are looking at renting in Warnbro, we have an 11yr old daughter and I don`t drive. I`ve done a bit of research and it seems ok but some first hand comments would be helpful.
We live in Port Kennedy near Warnbro.
Warnbro is an older suburb - some areas still very good and some are rougher. the rental fee will reflect what it will be like- house and area
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:35 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

When we were thinking of going to Perth, Warnbro was at the top of our list of places to live. Checked it out on our validation trip - very nice area indeed. Quite residential, with a lot newer houses being built, lots of parkland and gorgeous beaches right on the doorstep. A nice distance outside of Rockingham for shopping (could probably cycle it in 15 minutes), and very peaceful.

You could do a whole lot worse. If there's owt specific you need to know, just ask.

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Apr 8th 2007 at 7:38 am.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:58 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
When we were thinking of going to Perth, Warnbro was at the top of our list of places to live. Checked it out on our validation trip - very nice area indeed. Quite residential, with a lot newer houses being built, lots of parkland and gorgeous beaches right on the doorstep. A nice distance outside of Rockingham for shopping (could probably cycle it in 15 minutes), and very peaceful.

You could do a whole lot worse. If there's owt specific you need to know, just ask.
Some areas are nicer than others and the High School's got a bit of a reputation.

In my opinion, there are nicer suburbs surrounding Warnbro.

Jules x
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

hiya

we moved out here end Feb (bout 6 wks ago), we are living in Warnbro having bought a block of land back in Nov last year on our validation trip, personally we love Warnbro,it ticked all our boxes for us as a family (3 kids-13,11 & 9) our house build is a few doors up from our rental, the beaches are spectacular, we have all the ameneties we need within easy reach and have found everyone here really friendly, have seen no real signs of trouble, yes you get grafetti etc but where don't you? haven't heard any hoons as yet and we all feel very safe around here. I have the two younger kids at Warnbro primary and the older one at the Warnbro Communtiy High, have had no problems at either of the schools, my elder boy says that WCHS is pretty simillar to his UK secondary and it was a very well sought after school in the UK.

i personally think you could do a lot worse, we just felt we would prefer to go to an already well established area where you see what you have already got as opposed to some of the new developments where you have no real gage of how the area/new schools will go, hope this helps

little bear x
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:33 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the replies guys!!
Jules what sort of rep does the high school have - is it a bad one and if so why?? The reason Im looking at Warnbro is that I don`t drive and I know the train station is due to open later this year at least having the train will mean Im not too cut off, plus if we settle there we could (hopefully) afford to buy in the area (meaning we don`t have to drag our daughter out of school again).
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:36 am
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by little bear
hiya

we moved out here end Feb (bout 6 wks ago), we are living in Warnbro having bought a block of land back in Nov last year on our validation trip, personally we love Warnbro,it ticked all our boxes for us as a family (3 kids-13,11 & 9) our house build is a few doors up from our rental, the beaches are spectacular, we have all the ameneties we need within easy reach and have found everyone here really friendly, have seen no real signs of trouble, yes you get grafetti etc but where don't you? haven't heard any hoons as yet and we all feel very safe around here. I have the two younger kids at Warnbro primary and the older one at the Warnbro Communtiy High, have had no problems at either of the schools, my elder boy says that WCHS is pretty simillar to his UK secondary and it was a very well sought after school in the UK.

i personally think you could do a lot worse, we just felt we would prefer to go to an already well established area where you see what you have already got as opposed to some of the new developments where you have no real gage of how the area/new schools will go, hope this helps

little bear x
Cheers LittleBear!! It`s good to hear that your kids settled in ok (puts my mind at rest a bit)
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

would also be interested of what the reputation is??????????
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:16 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the replies guys!!
Jules what sort of rep does the high school have - is it a bad one and if so why?? The reason Im looking at Warnbro is that I don`t drive and I know the train station is due to open later this year at least having the train will mean Im not too cut off, plus if we settle there we could (hopefully) afford to buy in the area (meaning we don`t have to drag our daughter out of school again).
I've only got primary school kids, but I've heard from various parents that the High School is not the most desirable place to send your kids; no specifics, could be complete fabrication.....

I have heard from a friend however who worked in the new Comet Bay High in Secret Harbour that there is lots of trouble between the CB kids and the WH kids and at one point a 'may day' was sounded over the school tannoy to get all the teachers to the bus stop to diffuse a potential situation!

One of the 13 year old girls there also got suspended for flashing at one of the workman on site. Kids have a lot of attitude. Because it's a new school, the catchment has been widened to increase numbers.

It's brand new with a state of the art performing arts centre, but if the kids don't appreciate it, it'll all go to rack and ruin.

Just what I've heard.......

Jules x
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

in your situation (don't drive) I would move a little bit further down the road into St Clair, which is part of Port Kennedy.

St Clair is enclosed by Grand Ocean Boulevard + the bit towards the ocean. I live there and the reasons why I don't move are:

- in principle you have 3 supermarkets + shopping centre at your doorstep, doctors, 3 chemists, vet, dentist, post office, aquatic centre and the beach. You could reach all by foot, def 1 supermarket. I do not know any other area in Perth, where you have the choice of Wollies, Coles and IGA in very close proximity.

Two primary school are in walking distance

I would not send my child into Warnbro High, in state wide tests they perform not so well. And the school is very large. If possible send her to Secret Harbour or in one of the private ones.

On Grand Ocean Boulevard runs a bus + on Warnbro Sound.

From Warnbro, shopping is a bit of a distance.

As some said, there are better suburbs than Warnbo and Port Kennedy, but everybody has its own priorities.

Cheers
Evelin
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:19 pm
Im a woomaaan

Oooh Im all confused now!!! I suppose the best bet is to wait until we are there and have a good look round.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julesandco
I've only got primary school kids, but I've heard from various parents that the High School is not the most desirable place to send your kids; no specifics, could be complete fabrication.....

I have heard from a friend however who worked in the new Comet Bay High in Secret Harbour that there is lots of trouble between the CB kids and the WH kids and at one point a 'may day' was sounded over the school tannoy to get all the teachers to the bus stop to diffuse a potential situation!

One of the 13 year old girls there also got suspended for flashing at one of the workman on site. Kids have a lot of attitude. Because it's a new school, the catchment has been widened to increase numbers.

It's brand new with a state of the art performing arts centre, but if the kids don't appreciate it, it'll all go to rack and ruin.

Jules x
are we talking Warnbro Community High or Comet Bay High now---confused
Old Apr 8th 2007, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by little bear
are we talking Warnbro Community High or Comet Bay High now---confused
Sorry - highlighted section refers to Comet Bay Colege.

Jules.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant future

gday

have to say having grew up and lived in some of the 'choice' places in glasgow warnbro is well posh!!!!!
we moved here in october ( hubby and i two kid 4 n 7 ) having never been before didnt know where we would settle but loved it here just bought a house in st clairs port kennedy still cant believe i actually live here

Warnbro is about two mins away and no matter what anyone says it is a ace place for kids they worse they get up to is driving like nutters but if mom n dad dont buy them the cars !!!!!

any info ya need mail me, dont come on the site very much since we got here but would be happy to help a fellow gobbyjock

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 9th 2007, 1:43 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesandco

Jules x
I have had 2 children at Warnbro High School and had no problems at all. One still goes there. Granted it is a large school but I have had no cause for concern.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.