Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

warm night in Adelaide

warm night in Adelaide

Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:49 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Cool warm night in Adelaide

Springs here , warm night 18 deg c first thunder for the season, consequently 2 cattle dogs hiding under ,the desk at the moment. We,ll soon we will be reversing the situation ,all the new arrivals will be rubbing it in ,how warm it is , all you wannabees will be telling us how cold it is , the first snows of the x-mas period , we will be pulling off the pool covers , lizards and snakes will be waking from their winter hibernation , and we go into holiday mode , and if you work in the removal industry ,start of november the sh**t hits the fan , all the military moves start ,and MR MOVER will be working 12 hrs a day ,plus but such is life................. MM
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:33 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: warm night in Adelaide

Originally posted by mr mover
Springs here , warm night 18 deg c first thunder for the season, consequently 2 cattle dogs hiding under ,the desk at the moment. We,ll soon we will be reversing the situation ,all the new arrivals will be rubbing it in ,how warm it is , all you wannabees will be telling us how cold it is , the first snows of the x-mas period , we will be pulling off the pool covers , lizards and snakes will be waking from their winter hibernation , and we go into holiday mode , and if you work in the removal industry ,start of november the sh**t hits the fan , all the military moves start ,and MR MOVER will be working 12 hrs a day ,plus but such is life................. MM

Sounds good to me! (Not the 12hr day bit!)
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:57 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Sounds good to me! (Not the 12hr day bit!)
It,s not to bad steve ,it happens every year nov, - march .is when every body moves in Oz, teachers ,military, police , end of year, company relocations , we make our money over this period , the best thing is that the 13th hour is "beer-o,clock"......... MM
Old Sep 20th 2003, 12:00 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

the best thing is that the 13th hour is "beer-o,clock"......... MM
Again, sounds good to me!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 12:07 pm
I Know What's Going On!

I lived in South Africa for 4 years and the climate is pretty much the same. Gets dark pretty quickly, stays warm for ages, the odd electrical storm and can all be best viewed sitting outside watching the day end.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 12:37 pm
Banned

I lived in South Africa for 4 years and the climate is pretty much the same. Gets dark pretty quickly, stays warm for ages, the odd electrical storm and can all be best viewed sitting outside watching the day end.
yeah ,steve spent 3mths travelling around STH Africa,beautiful country ,loved Kruger nat Park ,stayed with an aunt who lived in Benoni, JO-BURG,,, the best storms you will ever see, when you travel north from Adelaide to Darwin. just south of Mattaranka,in what is the edge of the Troppo Zone , you see these Clouds called thunder heads , towering thousands of feet in the air , the lightening just fires up and down these clouds ,set your camera ,on low speed, you get some amazing shots ......... MM
Old Sep 20th 2003, 12:47 pm
I Know What's Going On!

yeah ,steve spent 3mths travelling around STH Africa,beautiful country ,loved Kruger nat Park ,stayed with an aunt who lived in Benoni, JO-BURG,,, the best storms you will ever see, when you travel north from Adelaide to Darwin. just south of Mattaranka,in what is the edge of the Troppo Zone , you see these Clouds called thunder heads , towering thousands of feet in the air , the lightening just fires up and down these clouds ,set your camera ,on low speed, you get some amazing shots ......... MM
Small world, eh? I've also got an aunt in Benoni! Kruger National Park is good, I worked there for three months. Nothing better than watching an electrical storm on a warm night.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 1:35 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Small world, eh? I've also got an aunt in Benoni! Kruger National Park is good, I worked there for three months. Nothing better than watching an electrical storm on a warm night.
You two are not related by any chance are you?

Cheers.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:48 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND

Cheers.
I wondered that just before I typed it. If so, I'm sure I can get in quicker on a family migration visa or something!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The weather in Brissie looks fab at the moment 27 C in the Spring. Mind you according to some peole it must feel about 40c

Any idea how warm it is in the evening?
Old Sep 20th 2003, 9:25 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Springs here , warm night 18 deg c first thunder for the season,
Heating on Friday evening, windows open Saturday evening, bedroom window open all night.

Ahhhh, that's more like it.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:33 pm
Banned

Originally posted by welshpom
Heating on Friday evening, windows open Saturday evening, bedroom window open all night.

can you hear the ocean,?............... MM
Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:35 pm
Banned

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND

Cheers.
dont know, dad,s a Geordie, and mum,s a moonraker, [salisbury,wilts]............... MM
Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshpom

Goolwa, my absolute fav beach.I can still remember looking both ways along the beach and seeing as far as the haze ,4x4 s on the beach and the pounding waves great place.Hope to be there again real soon
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:18 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

can you hear the ocean,?............... MM
Oh yes, but I've lived next to the sea for a few years now and I'm desensitised to it. I can't smell salt air either, but I can feel the sand in my toes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.