Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to Tas

Wanting to move to Tas

Old May 26th 2013, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

goinghomegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Wanting to move to Tas

Hi there!
This is my first post on this forum but I'm hoping to find someone else who has migrated to Tas.
My husband and I and our 2 kids are currently resident in the UK but for a variety of reasons I feel its time to head down under. I kind of think of myself as British - I have lived here since I was 2 years old - but I actually have an Oz passport by birth and the kids have dual citizenship; hubbie is British. As far as I know I could just hop on a plane and leave and I hope it would just be box-ticking to bring my family with me.
I have loads of questions though about what's involved....finding a place to live, getting the kids into school, tax, health, money etc
It's a massive life-step but we both want to move in the next 12-24 months. Hubbie seems more keen on Somerset \ Devon \ Cornwall though! I think his main concern will be finding work; he currently works for a big UK retail company and has not got a clue where to start looking. Are there any job agencies for degree-educated white collar workers? How can we find out what job opportunities are available (specifically in Hobart but any part of Tas would be considered)?
Thanks anyone for your help!!
Old May 26th 2013, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to Tas

Well you could just hop on a plane and move but your husband couldn't, he would need a visa and the children would need Australian passports too if they don't already have them.

You can check on www.seek.comau for jobs, it is one of the largest job sites in Australia. Personally I never consider Tasmania as I assumed the job opportunities would be limited.
Old May 28th 2013, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

goinghomegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

This website is just the ticket...thank you. There are definitely fewer opportunities in Tasmania but we only need one job each!
Old May 28th 2013, 9:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goinghomegirl
This website is just the ticket...thank you. There are definitely fewer opportunities in Tasmania but we only need one job each!
Have a look also at www.jobs.tas.gov.au which has all the government jobs on it