Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wanted down under your thoughts on the perth show etc

wanted down under your thoughts on the perth show etc

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:16 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanted down under your thoughts on the perth show etc

Originally Posted by aston man
mate,you get yourself together,i hope everything turns out for you..

your a top bloke mate,im sure life will look after ya...

marcus
Cheers dude, its all cool.

You heard from BB?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

knifey_spoony is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the video bit's are annoying.Todays episode also reminded me how annoying Nadia is.She sensationalizes everything they say.The family had just arrived in Perth and they said that it was raining just like home so Nadia says "Already doubt's are creeping in".Shut the **** up you bitch.Apart from that it's an excellent show.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:19 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Cheers dude, its all cool.

You heard from BB?
yes but very briefly,,i believe shes a lot better now...hey mate we dont like to see our little sister suffering...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:20 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knifey_spoony
Yeah the video bit's are annoying.Todays episode also reminded me how annoying Nadia is.She sensationalizes everything they say.The family had just arrived in Perth and they said that it was raining just like home so Nadia says "Already doubt's are creeping in".Shut the **** up you bitch.Apart from that it's an excellent show.
didnt phill mitchel give her a smack round the chops...hes a top bloke...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:20 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

In theory its a good idea but in practice it falls short by a mile, but like I said, it is aimed at the lowest common denominator and as someone else said, the fact that its on when it is says it all really.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:31 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by aston man
yes but very briefly,,i believe shes a lot better now...hey mate we dont like to see our little sister suffering...
we don't mate, I will sit and write her an e-mail tonight.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:16 pm
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

I thought the same , what a stupid thing to say for goodness sake it was just the weather at the time. I enjoyed the programme, Perth looks lovely always wanted to try living there. I"ve just about been everywhere else but there.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

It is ridiculous to believe that anyone can sensibly decide whether Oz is the right place to be after just one week. And that's one week with the BBC having done a lot of the hard work.

And what's with the term 'Peth may be too laid back'. Why didn't she just come right out with it and say it how it is - Perth is boring. Oh, and in what way precisely does emigrating to Oz provide more opportunities for kids?

Now, it would be a far more interesting - and realistic - if they had spent some time with people that had decided to leave Perth after 1,2,3+ years.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

lastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hunt66

Cheers.

edit: I can't find it on the iplayer either, is it just me or is it the same for everyone?

Last edited by lastone; Jan 3rd 2008 at 5:11 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

We watched it and to be honest we didnt believe her when she voted for Oz.

She kept contradicting herself.......loads of doubts and dont knows and then voting for it.

We reckon that she would be better suited to a major city like Sydney, Melbourne etc as I think they mentioned at the end.

Personally we cant wait for the "laidbackness" (nicking the guys dodgy made up words ).

Watching it has just reitterated how much we have made the right decision and we couldnt help but compare Perth to Milton Keynes in alot of ways.

Jackie and Steve
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all

Does anyone have the schedule for WDU on BBC as I have flicked through the next seven days and two are from new zealand, another from perth, one from cairns and one from melbourne I am looking for sydney and brissy.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:56 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno if it was edited, but him keep going on about the neighbours being too 'close' and they were watching him drove me mad!!!!
Go live in the country then!! Stay in London where you are not overlooked at all then...
OHHHHH but wife wanted to be in the bustle of the city :curse
You know the rest......
J x
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

coriuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw the program I think the couple would be better suited to Sydney or Melbourne. I live in London , and personally would not consider perth for the same reasons. You can still get the laid back life style in Sydney, but at least there is a little bit of the buzz there.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We can't find it on that iplayer either.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:06 pm
Banned

Major Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant future

I like quiet and boring, no queues, whats interesting about being conjested and overcrowded when you want to walk down the street?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.