Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wanted Down Under...incase you missed it...

Originally Posted by Jenny Hughes
Hi Libby 1971

Are you the couple who were the teachers with the two young girls, who they did the Revisited programme on? If not which couple were you?

I have a really good memory and remember most of them as we watched Series 1 & 2, which is why we got in touch with the BBC last year to see if we had a chance to get on Series 3.
Hey Jenny

Yes that is Libby with the two young girls. Man i still think them kids are great and still have that episode stored on the sky+.

By the way i am Helena's oh and i can also say that the only show i have enjoyed so far is yours

Hope things work out for you and your family

Paddy
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:21 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey Jenny

Yes that is Libby with the two young girls. Man i still think them kids are great and still have that episode stored on the sky+.

By the way i am Helena's oh and i can also say that the only show i have enjoyed so far is yours

Hope things work out for you and your family

Paddy
I agree with you. I liked Jenny and her family, they were down to earth with no airs or graces. Some of the others were so far up themselves it was untrue. Also as I go in my wardrobe and look at my signed Everton shirt I can see another reason why I liked Jenny
Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:17 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Very true. I have the feeling the BBC set some of the families up to fail this season, makes better TV I guess.

Originally Posted by northernbird
ISome of the others were so far up themselves it was untrue.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Hiya we were the Jones family on WDU 1st series and revisited, my husband is the floor finisher/carpet fitter.

We have now been living on the Gold Coast since August 07, out 3 boys have all settled really well and love the life they have, really glad we made the move.

Good luck to all in the process

Sarah x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Libby1971 is on a distinguished road

Hello

Yes, I am one and the same. My girlies are even more grown up and I am sooo soooo proud of them both.

Mini update...I briefly became a lady who lunches for 2 terms which drove me nuts. So I am now out and about at work, teach at a girls school, daughters are fabulous and loving life here, while OH is now a domestic god who in his spare time plays golf. We still have the dog (Golden Retreiver x Standard Poodle), Alfie who is a big softie and got another one recently (smaller this time) called Delboy coz he is a cheeky little monkey with a lot to say!!! We went back to the UK in Sept 08 during the school hols here and the goodbyes were even worse than the first time. My bloody sister always makes me cry!!!!!!!!! I will get her out here if it kills me...

Take care and good luck. I haven't worked out a way to watch the BBC over here so it may be years and years before I get to see you on WDU unless I go back to the UK.

Libby
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Simo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really niceSimo429 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Libby1971
Hello

Yes, I am one and the same. My girlies are even more grown up and I am sooo soooo proud of them both.

Mini update...I briefly became a lady who lunches for 2 terms which drove me nuts. So I am now out and about at work, teach at a girls school, daughters are fabulous and loving life here, while OH is now a domestic god who in his spare time plays golf. We still have the dog (Golden Retreiver x Standard Poodle), Alfie who is a big softie and got another one recently (smaller this time) called Delboy coz he is a cheeky little monkey with a lot to say!!! We went back to the UK in Sept 08 during the school hols here and the goodbyes were even worse than the first time. My bloody sister always makes me cry!!!!!!!!! I will get her out here if it kills me...

Take care and good luck. I haven't worked out a way to watch the BBC over here so it may be years and years before I get to see you on WDU unless I go back to the UK.

Libby
hi libby i cant remember the episode which is wierd!

what subject do you teach and do you think there are big differences between australian and british schools!

that prob a stupid question maybe i should ask are there benefits im half way through my PGCE so after NQT we'll be in a better position to apply
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DONOVAN
Hiya we were the Jones family on WDU 1st series and revisited, my husband is the floor finisher/carpet fitter.

We have now been living on the Gold Coast since August 07, out 3 boys have all settled really well and love the life they have, really glad we made the move.

Good luck to all in the process

Sarah x
Hi Sarah,

I think I loved your WDU....did you settle in Pacific Pines? We are heading on a reccie to Gold Coast over the Easter Hols....can't wait. Hoped we would be moving for good but unfortunately we can't make the move until later in the year. Was your OH afraid of hights??? How are things going. We want to go to Pacific Pines when we get there.

Helena
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Hiya Helena

lol,Yes my hubby was the one afraid of heights, although he does work in a lot of hight rises, but lucky for him he works inside and does not hang of the edge of the balcony.

We have settled in Pacific Pines and love it here, as I said earlier my kids have all settled really well, and we have made lots of friends over here. Give us a shout when you are coming over, we will have a meet up if you get time.

Sarah x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Libby1971 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Simo429
hi libby i cant remember the episode which is wierd!

what subject do you teach and do you think there are big differences between australian and british schools!

that prob a stupid question maybe i should ask are there benefits im half way through my PGCE so after NQT we'll be in a better position to apply
Hi Simon

I don't think you missed much!!! I think doing your NQT year is a really good idea. What subject are you doing?

I teach Religious Studies. Originally I had planned to be an English and PFL teacher but the Uni cancelled the degree offering me a place on a Theology degree which caused problems for us. However I asked for some other subjects in my first couple of years as well like IT and Sociology and Philosophy in order to help. Here I have taught English and SOSE (History and Geography) as well as RE although I can only teach RE within the private sector.

There are differences/ benefits in the education systems such as more structure in UK but less paperwork in Aus. There is no Nat Curriculum in Aus although there are plans for one in 2010. We'll see, no-one I work with believes it will happen!

Good luck
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DONOVAN
Hiya Helena

lol,Yes my hubby was the one afraid of heights, although he does work in a lot of hight rises, but lucky for him he works inside and does not hang of the edge of the balcony.

We have settled in Pacific Pines and love it here, as I said earlier my kids have all settled really well, and we have made lots of friends over here. Give us a shout when you are coming over, we will have a meet up if you get time.

Sarah x
Hi Sarah,

I still have your WDU revisited on Sky plus I am really delighted things are going well for you guys. We have 2 children, Lauren will turn 9 while we are on hols (April 16th) and Daniel is 5. I would love to meet up if that was ok with you. We want to go to Pacific pines as I think it is the kind of area that would suit us. OH is a baker and I would be looking for work in retail. Hope to see you soon Sarah

Helena xoxo
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Sarah,

I still have your WDU revisited on Sky plus I am really delighted things are going well for you guys. We have 2 children, Lauren will turn 9 while we are on hols (April 16th) and Daniel is 5. I would love to meet up if that was ok with you. We want to go to Pacific pines as I think it is the kind of area that would suit us. OH is a baker and I would be looking for work in retail. Hope to see you soon Sarah

Helena xoxo
Sarah

Helena also forgot to say we will be looking for a good deal on carpets when we get sorted
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Sarah,

Helena xoxo
No worries Helena I will pm you my mobile number

Keep in touch

Sarahx
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Sarah

Helena also forgot to say we will be looking for a good deal on carpets when we get sorted
lol, no worries will see what we can do for you

Sarah x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:02 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Jenny Hughes, your favourite Aussie must be Tim Cahill

Sorry for being OT, but I'm sure you don't mind tonight

Cooler
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:12 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Jenny Hughes, your favourite Aussie must be Tim Cahill

Sorry for being OT, but I'm sure you don't mind tonight

Cooler
There is only 1 Tim Cahill! Up the toffees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.