Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted down under !!!!

Wanted down under !!!!

Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:21 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted down under !!!!

Hi Lesley

Glad you have settled ok, yes i remember you that number plate would have been great he is still learning to drive though. He has had recent operation on his knee so unable to drive for a bit.

We are due to go for meds on the 24th Dr Howarth at denton is doing it did he do yours really worried about stripping down to undies not a pretty sight

We have now changed our minds form brisbane and fancy a more laid back approach and are heading for Cairns.

Things seem to be taking ages though and the wait to get meds processed is about 8 - 12 weeks apparently could be a while before we get there at this rate.

Which ones were the Jones family I remember them by jobs, I know of the mechanic they live in Jimboomba, the carpet fitter has just arrived in Brisbane I think. I often wondered what happened to the teacher (Libby) not sure if they went or not she did come on this site for a while.

Anyway continue having a fantastic new life (i'm sure you will)

Kaye x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hiya hows it going, hows your dad feeling better i hope.

Kaye x
Hello Kaye

He's out of hospital and is staying with us at the moment. He wants to go back to his own unit in the Masonic Village at Menora................ but we won't let him just yet. He still has a pump thingy attached to his arm through which the ant-biotics are administered........... once that's gone he should be able to return home. He reckons we bully him......... doesn't realise it's for his own good?

Nurses from Charlie Gairdners Hospital visit him each day to give injections; and a nurse from St John Of God nips up here to take a blood sample each day. All in all he's in very good hands............. we have to convince him he's knocking on 85 though. He acts like he's 45.......... we just have to teach him to take it easy.

Hope everything goes well with your pending medicals and your application in general? Bet you are truly sick of all this red tape by now eh?

good luck
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:35 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya we are the Jones family we are now in Oz and lovin every minute of living here, but have not got a phone line in at the moment, so I am lending Lesley's. We have the BBC coming out to film our update on Friday so keep your eyes peeled for the Wanted down Under "revisited" in Jan.

Sarahx
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:22 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat

He reckons we bully him......... doesn't realise it's for his own good
Hi glad hes feeling a bit better and wanting to go home thats a good sign.

Do you ever think that you are beginning to sound like your parents did, I often say things to my kids and cringe thinking my mother used to say these type of things to me "its for your own good" then I begin to feel old

Yes beginning to get sick of red tape now they reckon meds are taking ages to process, we hope to be away in January at latest, OH has a pyschic mate who he works with and keeps saying it will be March so will see what happens.

I want the house on the market this month though, they seem to be selling OK round here so fingers crossed, people seem to want 3 bed Edwardian Terraces so I hope they want mine, we have given it a lick of paint and it looks lovely.

Take care

kaye
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:24 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Hi all

Just found this thread of yours Stu:O, wondered if you might!

Its was me and my hubby the BBC filmed in Cairns for Wanted Down Under and we were lucky (???!!!) enough to meet/have a few with Stu and Youngy73. We had a fabulous time in Cairns with the beeb they were really great to us and set up so much for us, including the job for Adam and took us round houses and to see mortgage advisors, basically found out all the info we needed for us!! It was great and we're are 100% goin, just have to wait for the bl**dy visa to come through now! Although no idea how they will edit it all!! Yup Nadia Swallahlllallaaaas (or whatever) is presenting this second series due out in Jan as far as we know, haven;t met her yet but doing some filming with her next month, should be interesting!

Hoppity/Jones Family woud be really interested in knowing how you found the whole experience

ANyways youngy63 and stu:0 keep in touch

Ruth
Hi Ruth, good to hear from you guys! U better watch out you just aged youngy by 10 years, its youngy73 not 63!
Wont be long till your out here. Tell your other half work is going mad so there will be no problems with his job. Iv just started my licence process so should have it by the time you get out here and will be able to help him with it.
Keep in touch and make sure you record wanted down under for us

Stu
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi Lesley

Glad you have settled ok, yes i remember you that number plate would have been great he is still learning to drive though. He has had recent operation on his knee so unable to drive for a bit.

We are due to go for meds on the 24th Dr Howarth at denton is doing it did he do yours really worried about stripping down to undies not a pretty sight

We have now changed our minds form brisbane and fancy a more laid back approach and are heading for Cairns.

Things seem to be taking ages though and the wait to get meds processed is about 8 - 12 weeks apparently could be a while before we get there at this rate.

Which ones were the Jones family I remember them by jobs, I know of the mechanic they live in Jimboomba, the carpet fitter has just arrived in Brisbane I think. I often wondered what happened to the teacher (Libby) not sure if they went or not she did come on this site for a while.

Anyway continue having a fantastic new life (i'm sure you will)

Kaye x

Hi

Just to let you know we met Libby and family in Adelaide where they now live, they are coming to stay with us in Perth in October.

Karin & Peter
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:26 pm
aka DORIS

Originally Posted by Peter & Karin
Hi

Just to let you know we met Libby and family in Adelaide where they now live, they are coming to stay with us in Perth in October.

Karin & Peter
Thats great did she end up teaching private or state I know she had a little dilemma when she was on the programme or it was edited that way. I know she got some flak of people on here which I thought was a bit unfair.

Glad they are ok

Kaye
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:40 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Reading all this now, makes me wish I hadn't deleted all the series from the sky+ a couple of months ago... I can't remember who's who!!

Ali x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alipally
Reading all this now, makes me wish I hadn't deleted all the series from the sky+ a couple of months ago... I can't remember who's who!!

Ali x
You can download it from here.../www.mininova.org/tor/816033
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:55 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu:0
Hi Ruth, good to hear from you guys! U better watch out you just aged youngy by 10 years, its youngy73 not 63!
Wont be long till your out here. Tell your other half work is going mad so there will be no problems with his job. Iv just started my licence process so should have it by the time you get out here and will be able to help him with it.
Keep in touch and make sure you record wanted down under for us

Stu
Hey Stu

Adam is really looking forward to working with you guys its such a load off knowing that at least one of us will have work straight away! Ta for all your help and advices, defo keep in touch I think we owe you guys some beers! Hows the house planning going? I hope the prices don;t go up too much over the next year!

Sorry youngy for aging you, slip of the keyboard honest!! What's this about you moving out of Kewarra??

R x
Old Sep 9th 2007, 7:51 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Hey Stu

Adam is really looking forward to working with you guys its such a load off knowing that at least one of us will have work straight away! Ta for all your help and advices, defo keep in touch I think we owe you guys some beers! Hows the house planning going? I hope the prices don;t go up too much over the next year!

Sorry youngy for aging you, slip of the keyboard honest!! What's this about you moving out of Kewarra??

R x
Adam will be fine with work and there all a good bunch of guys. We'v started having a workshop meeting every other friday, just for ideas and things on how the business can run better and a general chat. This also includes a breakfast bbq, bacon and eggs! You dont get that in the uk. We'v got our name down on a block of land and fallen in love with a show home so gona pinch the design and build it next year, fingers crossed!

Stu
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:16 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu:0
Adam will be fine with work and there all a good bunch of guys. We'v started having a workshop meeting every other friday, just for ideas and things on how the business can run better and a general chat. This also includes a breakfast bbq, bacon and eggs! You dont get that in the uk. We'v got our name down on a block of land and fallen in love with a show home so gona pinch the design and build it next year, fingers crossed!

Stu
Great news about the land and house you must be dead chuffed, I spent yesterday looking up house designs!! I know I'm way too keen!

Adam will LOVE the brekkie BBQ, his fav meal of the day!