Wikiposts

Wanted down under !!!!

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:01 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted down under !!!!

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hiya
We are the Jones family, who were on last years WDU, we will be doing an update and have the BBC coming to film us before we fly on Aug 20th, they will then film us in September to see what we are upto in Oz.

Sarahx
Excellent, always good to hear an update.

Good luck with your flights on the 20th and hope all goes well in your new life down under
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stu:0
Im sure most of you guys still in pomm land have seen it on tv!!!
Well we had the bbc film crew on site with us today! Im a electrician and our boss had given the ok for them to come on site with an electrician moving over here. Its to be shown on the next series in january.
Not really sure what they thought of the work uniform, our apprentice had shorts, t shirt and flip flops on thats the standard work uniform on the sites up here in Cairns.
I think the couple who were here are on the forum so may give us a shout when they get home!
Was nice to give me mum a little wave even if she wont see it until next jan!

Stu
Hi stu, we watched some of the last series of this programme and thought what a misleading lod of trash it was, as they give the impression you can get off the plane and work no mention of ARTC ,license, permits etc etc
I am a sparky moving out in sept hopefully and i swore at the telly everytime that stupid over the top Swallehala women opened her mouth, if you get another chance to see amy body tell them the truth on air bet it dont get played.

Steve
ps. sorry for the rant
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:21 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terriefarrell
can someone tell me what program you are talking about and when it's shown in the UK, is there some series on sky i don't know about?
It was on BBC1 in January of this year.... I watched them all, sky+'d them and watched them all about 4 times....
Apparently they'll start the new series next january... Looking forward to it, as I'm sure I'll be anxiously waiting and waiting still!!!

Ali x
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:47 am
3 Yrs til the good life!

terriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really nice

will have to keep my eyes peeled, is it just about tradies moving over or does it cover general stuff like how families cope? DH is joining the navy so doubt the employment bit would be very relevant to us.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:21 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nozzys
Hi stu, we watched some of the last series of this programme and thought what a misleading lod of trash it was, as they give the impression you can get off the plane and work no mention of ARTC ,license, permits etc etc
I am a sparky moving out in sept hopefully and i swore at the telly everytime that stupid over the top Swallehala women opened her mouth, if you get another chance to see amy body tell them the truth on air bet it dont get played.

Steve
ps. sorry for the rant
Hi mate, yes we did mention about the ARTC and licencing! It gets even better for me. Im out here on and 457 visa with girlfriend, we have now decided to apply for pr. Even though im out here and working iv got to do the TRA. Iv got the ARTC and starting my licencing. Seems daft to me when i thought the TRA was to see if you are suitable for working over here. Im bloomin working now!!!! I think its just an easy way for another $300!

Stu
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Amanda Jayne is an unknown quantity at this point

can someone tell me what program you are talking about and when it's shown in the UK, is there some series on sky i don't know about?
It is daytime TV. I watched it back in January/February at the start of maternity leave every morning at about 9.30 am and would then hassle my husband when he came home from work saying I wanted to go.

We are now off to Perth in March 2008.

Amanda
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:22 am
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Wanted down under !!!!

I saw the last series and I enjoyed it....I just hope thay show a more varied selection of trades and skills. It seems to focus on electricians and hard manual labour!

Debs
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:14 pm
MODL Pommie

sssstew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amanda Jayne
It is daytime TV. I watched it back in January/February at the start of maternity leave every morning at about 9.30 am and would then hassle my husband when he came home from work saying I wanted to go.

We are now off to Perth in March 2008.

Amanda
sounds like my wife too!

will have to keep my eyes peeled, is it just about tradies moving over or does it cover general stuff like how families cope? DH is joining the navy so doubt the employment bit would be very relevant to us.
Its all different type of work, they have covered IT as well for example. It does cover the whole aspect, so they look at lifestyle, kids, schools, areas and work as well.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:29 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nozzys

Steve
ps. sorry for the rant
dont want to dissappoint you but as a sparky you can get straight off the plane and get a job. its all down to who you know. stu can tell you all about it. to much negative shite on this site. those who are positive will always find a way.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:22 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Hi all

Just found this thread of yours Stu:O, wondered if you might!

Its was me and my hubby the BBC filmed in Cairns for Wanted Down Under and we were lucky (???!!!) enough to meet/have a few with Stu and Youngy73. We had a fabulous time in Cairns with the beeb they were really great to us and set up so much for us, including the job for Adam and took us round houses and to see mortgage advisors, basically found out all the info we needed for us!! It was great and we're are 100% goin, just have to wait for the bl**dy visa to come through now! Although no idea how they will edit it all!! Yup Nadia Swallahlllallaaaas (or whatever) is presenting this second series due out in Jan as far as we know, haven;t met her yet but doing some filming with her next month, should be interesting!

Hoppity/Jones Family woud be really interested in knowing how you found the whole experience

ANyways youngy63 and stu:0 keep in touch

Ruth
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

whats the BBC series called, maybe can watch it here in belgium, is it on bbc1 or 2?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:03 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Its called "wanted down under" its on BBC1 in the mornings.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Its called "wanted down under" its on BBC1 in the mornings.
Hia Wardy
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:05 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Hia Wardy
Hiya hows it going, hows your dad feeling better i hope.

Kaye x
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:20 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hiya hows it going, hows your dad feeling better i hope.

Kaye x
hi wardy2,
remember me we lived in newcastle and had private plate for sale w400rdy?
asked if you were interested for your youngest, anyway been in oz 3 weeks now. living in pac pines kids settled at school and just finding our way around oh starts work on monday he came here as qualified plumber gasfitter and has to start with his provisional lol. anyway good friends with jones family there lovely and were on series of wanted down under they live here too.
hows things going with you
lesley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.