Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wanted a boxer pup with docked tail

wanted a boxer pup with docked tail

Old May 7th 2008, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Default Re: wanted a boxer pup with docked tail

I am sorry if I have offended some folk when I asked about wanting a boxer with a docked tail I have had boxers before in the UK and wouldnt dream of wanting to hurt any animal in ANY WAY. My boys were all bought from respected breeders who care deeply about the boxer breed and the tail docking is done by a vet on all occasions. I accept people will have views on this subject and each to their own but lets have no argueing on the matter , once again thank you to all who expressed their views
Old May 7th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Boxers (so I am to believe) have there tails 'docked' (apparently it is a painless procedure done very soon after birth) to stem any future medical problems.

You see, the fact is, they have very 'waggly' tails and due to the way in which the tail grows, very firm and ridgid - it is viewed as 'kinder' to get rid and alleviate the dog of any suffering that may occur later down the line.

Also, you must remember, Boxers are not a 'natural' breed, they were 'made' to look the way they do. Unfortunately, someone forgot about the problem with their tails somewhere along the way!

words fail me!! I too have been at the vets and heard puppies crying when their tails are docked, Im sorry but thats sick.............:curse:
Old May 7th 2008, 7:07 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Boxers (so I am to believe) have there tails 'docked' (apparently it is a painless procedure done very soon after birth) to stem any future medical problems.

You see, the fact is, they have very 'waggly' tails and due to the way in which the tail grows, very firm and ridgid - it is viewed as 'kinder' to get rid and alleviate the dog of any suffering that may occur later down the line.

Also, you must remember, Boxers are not a 'natural' breed, they were 'made' to look the way they do. Unfortunately, someone forgot about the problem with their tails somewhere along the way!

words fail me!! I too have been at the vets and heard puppies crying when their tails are docked, Im sorry but thats sick.............:curse:
Oh, give it a rest will ya!!!!! Another one to jump on the band wagon------where did I say I agreed with it??? I was merely stating what I believed to be true. Obviously (from the millions of responses to this thread), I was wrong, I stand corrected and promise to never so much as look at a dog without a tail ever ever again!
Old May 7th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Never look at a dog again?? Thats impossible for a man.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:00 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
Never look at a dog again?? Thats impossible for a man.

Yeah - especially after six pints...

S
Old May 7th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Remember - a dog is for life. Not just saturday nights.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland
Hi All
Have moved to Queensland and am desperate for a red/white boxer pup with a docked tail i know it is now illegal for this to be done in Oz but if any one on here breeds boxers or has ones from the uk and breeds do you have any pups we really long to have our own boxer again if so preferably a male. thanks in advance.
Its illegal anywhere in Australia, according to AKC to own a dog, since a certain date with a docked tail. Including rotties.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:28 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Its illegal anywhere in Australia, according to AKC to own a dog, since a certain date with a docked tail. Including rotties.
You went on a date with a docked tail? Stumpy was she? Any good?
Old May 7th 2008, 10:42 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzSheila
I don't know about Qld but here in Vic docking is illegal. However the way people get around the legislation is that an interstate vet signs off on the procedure. I know of a local boxer who is due to give birth in a few weeks and the breeder will do exactly this.

FWIW I have a 2.5 year old boxer who is not docked. It took some getting used to as I had only been used to docked boxers in the UK. I am now so pleased we didnt have her docked. The business about medical problems with their tails is a load of rubbish. I have to say their tails do hurt tho when they "whip" you! You get into the habit of standing clear.

Here is our Ruby as a pup:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...3/IMGP2725.jpg

HTH
I must admit im not a dog lover but...Awwwwwwwwww so cute
Old May 7th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RenShen
I know quite a few blokes who have "tails" that are more trouble than they are worth. Imagine the outcry if we suggested that we snip them off????

Sorry, but just cannot for the life of me understand why anybody would put an animal through this. If you don't like the look of a certain breed with a tail, don't bloody buy one.
Have a look at www.worldofboxers.com

I have 2 boxers, one with a tail, one without.
The eldest had to have is tail amputated, but to a huge wound on the end of it that would not heal!! Believe me a Boxers tail is like a leather whip. He used to get so exited when people knocked at the door that his tail would wag so hard and bang on the wall in the hall.
This resulted in a small cut on the end of it. Despite many visits to the vets (with many hundreds of dollars spent) the wound would not heal. Even with huge bandages on the end he would still wag the tail and bash the end of it, causing it to split further.
In the end he had a huge split just like a snakes tongue!!!
It was then decided after a year of trying to heal the wound, to amputate!!
Old May 7th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Have a look at www.worldofboxers.com

I have 2 boxers, one with a tail, one without.
The eldest had to have is tail amputated, but to a huge wound on the end of it that would not heal!! Believe me a Boxers tail is like a leather whip. He used to get so exited when people knocked at the door that his tail would wag so hard and bang on the wall in the hall.
This resulted in a small cut on the end of it. Despite many visits to the vets (with many hundreds of dollars spent) the wound would not heal. Even with huge bandages on the end he would still wag the tail and bash the end of it, causing it to split further.
In the end he had a huge split just like a snakes tongue!!!
It was then decided after a year of trying to heal the wound, to amputate!!
lampard................with a tail!!
Attached Thumbnails wanted a boxer   pup with docked tail-thinner-lampard-.jpg  
Old May 7th 2008, 12:32 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
You went on a date with a docked tail? Stumpy was she? Any good?
Ive got my finger amputated on my right hand - does that mean I am docked?
Old May 7th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland
I am sorry if I have offended some folk when I asked about wanting a boxer with a docked tail I have had boxers before in the UK and wouldnt dream of wanting to hurt any animal in ANY WAY. My boys were all bought from respected breeders who care deeply about the boxer breed and the tail docking is done by a vet on all occasions. I accept people will have views on this subject and each to their own but lets have no argueing on the matter , once again thank you to all who expressed their views
Hope you find the pup you want soon
Old May 7th 2008, 12:43 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
lampard................with a tail!!
I remember my whippet had a split tail when I got her, they have such long whippy tails - greyhounds/whippets and Rema would beat it on our legs

She looked as though she had been slaughtered when it bled, luckily after about 6 months it healed but it could have been nasty.

I have seen that type of injury in greyhounds and its amazing how a little bit of blood can go a long way.

Isnt it funny with boxers, as puppies they have lovely soft mouths/muzzles and then suddenly they grow up and many of them become 'mucus machines' - my mates boxer could shake his head and the mucus would flick off his face and hit the walls.

Boxers are gorgeous when they are puppies, Im seeing alot more with longer muzzles these days - lovely dogs, they have such character.
Old May 7th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Boxers are gorgeous when they are puppies, Im seeing alot more with longer muzzles these days - lovely dogs, they have such character.
They really do ! Our little Willo is paralised in her back legs, gets lots of funny looks when we take her to the beach as she kind of hops and drags her back legs !
She cant " hop" on the pavement or tarmac as she makes her back paws bleed, she has been through the wars, operations etc, but she is such a strong character she will always pull through.

she is the boss though of our bigger one and just makes us smile everyday

Real attitude
Attached Thumbnails wanted a boxer   pup with docked tail-imgp1340.jpg  

Last edited by nickyjohnt; May 7th 2008 at 1:48 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.