Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Want PR? A transfer to Brisbane from Melbourne is required – what are the positives?

Want PR? A transfer to Brisbane from Melbourne is required – what are the positives?

Old Jun 8th 2013, 12:23 pm
Wannabe PPP

With All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to all
Default Re: Want PR? A transfer to Brisbane from Melbourne is required – what are the positiv

Originally Posted by fish.01
And Brisbane's added 650,000 people since you last counted as well Btw, Brisbane is the second cheapest mainland capital city for house prices at the moment. Your half a million shack will be closer than half an hour now I didn't think Brisbane gets skipped that much at all these days, not compared to the bad old days
Ah, see, over 2 million then. So it's hardly a backwater. That's arguably bigger than any city in the UK bar London (depending upon what surrounding suburbs you include).

As for the property, well I wasn't impressed. But I'm not surprised it's cheaper than Sydney, Perth and Melbourne. All I know is you didn't get much for your money looking South of the river around Annerley, Tarragindi, Hawthorne and wotnot. Anyways, it's the Sunshine Coast that captured my heart! Just had to live in Brissy for the job...
Old Jun 8th 2013, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want PR? A transfer to Brisbane from Melbourne is required – what are the positiv

Originally Posted by With All Due Respect...
Ah, see, over 2 million then. So it's hardly a backwater. That's arguably bigger than any city in the UK bar London (depending upon what surrounding suburbs you include).

As for the property, well I wasn't impressed. But I'm not surprised it's cheaper than Sydney, Perth and Melbourne. All I know is you didn't get much for your money looking South of the river around Annerley, Tarragindi, Hawthorne and wotnot. Anyways, it's the Sunshine Coast that captured my heart! Just had to live in Brissy for the job...
They are all 5-10 mins drive from town off peak so more expensive for that reason. The land value would make up far more of the 500K purchase than the house. Go somewhere like Ferny Grove, 25 mins on the train and next to the mountains and you get far more. Glad you like living on the sunny coast full time...we need people to keep it running between visits

To give you an idea of whether it has changed since you looked at your fibro shacks here is what you get for 500K in Annerley 10 mins op drive from the city, for example:

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...rley-113927267

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...rley-113416471

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...rley-114003319

Last edited by fish.01; Jun 8th 2013 at 11:05 pm.