Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Want Mum to fly to Aus from UK

Want Mum to fly to Aus from UK

Old Nov 25th 2020, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Want Mum to fly to Aus from UK

Hi all,

My Mum lives in the UK. She's recovered from Covid but isn't doing well mentally with the lockdown etc. I'd love to be able to get her to Australia for a holiday - willing to pay the hotel Quarantine.

I've looked on the Aus Gov sites and it states "Only Australian citizens and returning permanent residents and their immediate family members are permitted to enter Australia without an exemption until further notice." To me it is unclear if it means Aussies returning WITH immediate family members on the same flight or if immediate family members of people currently in Aus are able to travel to see them. Has anybody had experience of this lately?

Thanks in advance
Ren
Old Nov 25th 2020, 12:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want Mum to fly to Aus from UK

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hi all,

My Mum lives in the UK. She's recovered from Covid but isn't doing well mentally with the lockdown etc. I'd love to be able to get her to Australia for a holiday - willing to pay the hotel Quarantine.

I've looked on the Aus Gov sites and it states "Only Australian citizens and returning permanent residents and their immediate family members are permitted to enter Australia without an exemption until further notice." To me it is unclear if it means Aussies returning WITH immediate family members on the same flight or if immediate family members of people currently in Aus are able to travel to see them. Has anybody had experience of this lately?

Thanks in advance
Ren
Hi Ren, sorry to hear that your mum's having a hard time, it must be a worry for you.
Unfortunately parents aren't included in the 'immediate family' category, only spouses, de facto partners, dependent children and legal guardians
https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/i...dent-australia
Old Nov 29th 2020, 1:06 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want Mum to fly to Aus from UK

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Ren
Hi Ren.

As things stand she can't get to Australia.

Would you consider traveling to the UK?

Best regards.