Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Wanneroo and Joondalup are WA's Little Britain"

"Wanneroo and Joondalup are WA's Little Britain"

Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough
Default "Wanneroo and Joondalup are WA's Little Britain"

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...9-2761,00.html
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:14 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: "Wanneroo and Joondalup are WA's Little Britain"

There goes the neighbourhood.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Wanneroo and Joondalup are WA's Little Britain"

Fair Dinkum.

It's a sensitive point for me, that having been to Perth, I didn't visit the joint. Love to go.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:25 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Fair Dinkum!
Fabulous.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

2 points emerge:

i.
People would have you believe that Perth is the pits of the planet and that it is as backward as the French Army doing what it does best.
Yet it is hailed in the article to be truly multi-cultural - I put it to you - what place isn't?

ii. Concentrations of Englanders are placed, at what, 25-30pc. So it ain't too bad. I had in mind 75pc plus.

Yours Aye
B
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Rich_Lyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out - http://www.afr.com/home/ - the top story is @poor little rich Perth'
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: "Wanneroo and Joondalup are WA's Little Britain"

2 points emerge:

i.
People would have you believe that Perth is the pits of the planet and that it is as backward as the French Army doing what it does best.
Yet it is hailed in the article to be truly multi-cultural - I put it to you - what place isn't?
Try Walsall.

Seriously, the article says "Perth is home to 236 nationalities". That's more than most places can boast.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

where is the yawn smiley when you need it most.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:36 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_Lyn
Check out - http://www.afr.com/home/ - the top story is @poor little rich Perth'
Great read. As much as I love it here, this is not the most dynamic place on the planet (neither is Brisbane to give some perspective). The Carpenter government is a waste of space - there is no vision or any idea about what to do to make this place better - despite having so much money. I have never seen a place with so many great ideas but nothing gets done.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:58 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_Lyn
It seriously pisses me off when these so-called experts from Sydney, Melbourne, Britain etc slag Perth off for not being more like Melbourne (usually). Leave us alone! If I wanted to live somewhere like Melbourne I would have moved to, you guessed it, Melbourne.

And judging by the stats in the OP I am obviously not alone.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Great read. As much as I love it here, this is not the most dynamic place on the planet (neither is Brisbane to give some perspective). The Carpenter government is a waste of space - there is no vision or any idea about what to do to make this place better - despite having so much money. I have never seen a place with so many great ideas but nothing gets done.
I'm gratified to see - you still love LIVING here - I thought we were seeing the start of a turn in your view(!)
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I'm gratified to see - you still love LIVING here - I thought we were seeing the start of a turn in your view(!)
Another boring thread about the number of brits in the area.

Fact is, that the Brits have been migrating to Perth for well over 80 years now...............and will continue to do so.