wanaroo

Old Dec 29th 2006, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future
Default wanaroo

can you tell me your opinions of this suberb and its schools, plots / houses seem cheaper there than tapping!

thanks
simon
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanaroo

Originally Posted by cakeychef
can you tell me your opinions of this suberb and its schools, plots / houses seem cheaper there than tapping!

thanks
simon
The reputation is not a good one although I think it maybe a bit like the reputation that Clarkson has, it's an old one that won't seem to go away. The High school in Wanneroo also doesn't have the best of reputations although I think even if you live in Tapping then Wanneroo High is the nearest school.

I must add I don't live there so what is say is going on what I have heard rather than first hand experience.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

So what your saying is you don't know.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
So what your saying is you don't know.
no what I am saying is that I had heard it wasn't a good area but that I didn't live there.

If house prices are significantly lower than an adjoining suburb there is usually a good reason for that.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

Ok but that implies poor house prices mean bad areas...high house prices good areas. That is a reinforcement of the social class system that led many individuals condemn the northern areas of the UK as house prices were cheaper. Yet I feel it is disingenious to denegrate the warmth of the areas North of the Watford Gap. IMHO.

The only way to decide upon an area is to visit and experience the atmosphere oneself or to speak to an individual whom has first hand experinence of the area.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
Ok but that implies poor house prices mean bad areas...high house prices good areas. That is a reinforcement of the social class system that led many individuals condemn the northern areas of the UK as house prices were cheaper. Yet I feel it is disingenious to denegrate the warmth of the areas North of the Watford Gap. IMHO.

The only way to decide upon an area is to visit and experience the atmosphere oneself or to speak to an individual whom has first hand experinence of the area.
In my opinion poor house prices in Perth means not so nice areas. But hey thats just my opinion. I absolutely agree looking around is the only way.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Or areas undergoing gentrification and therefore a valuable investment. Speculate to accumulate. One must look for the future potential available.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
The reputation is not a good one although I think it maybe a bit like the reputation that Clarkson has, it's an old one that won't seem to go away. The High school in Wanneroo also doesn't have the best of reputations although I think even if you live in Tapping then Wanneroo High is the nearest school.

I must add I don't live there so what is say is going on what I have heard rather than first hand experience.
Don't forget that Wanneroo is a suburb, ward but also a city including Carramar & Tapping etc, down to Lansdale and Darch plus (strangely it seems to me) Mindarie up to Quinns Rocks:

http://www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/script...t.asp?NID=1585

Wanneroo suburb is old (very) and was originally the market garden for Perth and there is still bits of that about. The town centre and school both have a bit of a reputation and I have seen kids fighting or abusing drivers near the shops there. There is a big chuck processing factory there too. Away from the town centre there are quite a few large rural blocks for anyone who wants acreage as development has mostly focused on the coastal areas but this is changing now as the far north suburbs are getting an hour away from the city.

The south west corner is mature - maybe 30-40 years old I would guess but most of the other suburbs on that map are nearly all built in the last 10 years or so and I would class them nearly all as good.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:06 am
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Wannerro is an old style suburb with cheap, uninspiring houses, basically poor people in the 60's and 70's built there. Nice sized blocks. It is not near the beach (about 20 mins drive) or any good shopping centres, or other "attractions." It has a bit of a bush feel about it, but it could be a good investment area as you can get to the Perth CBD on Wanneroo road in about 20 mins in good traffic. I did my teaching practice at Wanneroo High, and thought the school was quite good... fairly small for a high school, the kids are not academic overall but the discipline was good and there was a nice feel to the school. This was in 2002. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 3:03 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Wanneroo is an older suburb but is currently undergoing a face lift and looks very different to the Wanneroo I first moved to from England back in 1983 at the age of 8.

My school has gone (Wanneroo Primary) and is now in with the old Junior Primary!

There are new places sprung up and it won't be long before the shops are renevated or completely demolished and rebuilt. (not sure which)

My Brother lives in Wanneroo - quite near the High School there, and I was pleasantly surprised by the renewal that is going on in Wanneroo. I left Australia in 99 and Wanneroo has changed so much in that time!

You will always get teenagers messing around - most suburbs can boast that....if you have a shopping centre, then you have idiots hooning around the carpark or congregating together.... Joondalup is a higher priced area and can boast it's fair share of idiots larking about.

I'd love to buy in Joondalup when I move out of my folks place (we've only been here 4 weeks....so not happening any time soon) however, it is more likely I will get a place in Wanneroo as it's more in my price range!

If anyone wants to check out the 1st house we lived in, in Australia (back in 1983 when we moved over) then go here, as it's up for sale

http://www.reiwa.com/lst/lst-ressale...cfm?prop_no=23

course, we paid $45K for it in 1983 and it is now valued at $415-$445K - which I think is a bit steep considering it is a 3 bed, 1 bathroom!