Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wall and floor tiling WA

Wall and floor tiling WA

Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough
Smile Wall and floor tiling WA

Hi , I am a wall and floor tiling sub-contractor here in uk, have been for 19years. In the final stages of putting my TRA package together, just got my stat dec to finish.(Glad when this TRA bit is done and sent, taken months!)
I am qualified. NVQ2. Got my CSCS card too. (Need NVQ2 to get CSCS card)
Tiling contractor Im working for paid for it all! If everything goes to plan we are looking to settle in WA. Flying out round June for two weeks to mooch round. (If anyone interested in sitting our 4 children while we do please let me know!) Question is.... Where do we live?......where is the work?......How long before your able to start work?......Can I work as a subbie?.......Is NVQ2 and CSCS card recognized in WA?.....and oh yes, what does the lager taste like? I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Just turned 40 Paul, damn lost 5 points

PS. Do they use 110v on site like in UK because all my gear is?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:00 am
Just Joined

toplad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wall and floor tiling WA

QUICK ANSWER

NO ITS ALL 240 VOLTS

AND NO THEY ONLY RECOGNISE AUSTRALIAN QUALIFICATIONS
saying that the fact you have been tiling for 19 years is better than any piece
of paper.

Im a tiler but am in ADELAIDE took 3 months to get fully licenced

and came on skilled visa on experience only
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flump
Hi , I am a wall and floor tiling sub-contractor here in uk, have been for 19years. In the final stages of putting my TRA package together, just got my stat dec to finish.(Glad when this TRA bit is done and sent, taken months!)
I am qualified. NVQ2. Got my CSCS card too. (Need NVQ2 to get CSCS card)
Tiling contractor Im working for paid for it all! If everything goes to plan we are looking to settle in WA. Flying out round June for two weeks to mooch round. (If anyone interested in sitting our 4 children while we do please let me know!) Question is.... Where do we live?......where is the work?......How long before your able to start work?......Can I work as a subbie?.......Is NVQ2 and CSCS card recognized in WA?.....and oh yes, what does the lager taste like? I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Just turned 40 Paul, damn lost 5 points

PS. Do they use 110v on site like in UK because all my gear is?
Plenty of work here in WA. All tools 240 volts here. I am a tiler and work for a tiling company now. Was doing subbie work for building company. You don't need any licenses here for tiling just a Blue card (Attend a Construction Safety Awareness Course) 4 hrs on basic health and safety, a quick multi- guess test and thats it.This you must have to work on any site.
I was here for about 4 weeks before i started work, a bit of a holiday to start with. Just rang up an add in the paper and started straight away. I usually work 6 days a week but thats up to me and as i mentioned loads of work in Perth new builds everywhere.
Good Luck

John
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your replies. Where exactly are you based John? And how long in AU?
Paul.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help much with the work stuff, but I can answer the important question....

The lager here is great, I love Tooheys Extra Dry Platinum, not a bad tipple IMO
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flump
Thanks for your replies. Where exactly are you based John? And how long in AU?
Paul.
I will pm you mate

John
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

knifey_spoony is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure as a Tiler the only electric equipment you use is a drill and a grinder so not really a big deal.