Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Waitlisted flight

Waitlisted flight

Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future
Default Waitlisted flight

Im having to change our flights out to Oz to the end of september. Ive called the travel agent and we are now waitlisted on a flight. for 25th Sept. We are confirmed on the first leg to singapore but still waitlisted on the singapore to perth leg.

has anyone had any experience in this? weve been waitlisted for nearly a week now. Is it likely to come though? what other options do i have? i don;t really get the whole 'fare type' thing - considering when i serach for the flight i want it still seems available to buy, so they must have seats free.....
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:00 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: Waitlisted flight

every airline regularly overbook thier flights. Because there are regularly people who for whatever reason, dont turn up for thier flights, or cancel them (to change onto another time or date) therefore there are often flights/seats that are allocated 'at the last minute'. they spmetime operate a waitlist for 'in demand' flights, that is exactly what it is, a waiting list. I would ring airline direct regularly to see if you are on the flight
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TandC23
Im having to change our flights out to Oz to the end of september. Ive called the travel agent and we are now waitlisted on a flight. for 25th Sept. We are confirmed on the first leg to singapore but still waitlisted on the singapore to perth leg.

has anyone had any experience in this? weve been waitlisted for nearly a week now. Is it likely to come though? what other options do i have? i don;t really get the whole 'fare type' thing - considering when i serach for the flight i want it still seems available to buy, so they must have seats free.....
Economy class is made up of a number of fare types as you know, identified by letters (like Y,B,M etc). You are waitlisted for a fare in the correct fare type which currently has no seats available. If you are waitlisted this far out I'd say there is a good chance it will clear - I've never had a waitlist not clear.

The other option you MAY have is to pay to upgrade your fare to the next available fare type - probably better just to stay on the waitlist for now.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
Economy class is made up of a number of fare types as you know, identified by letters (like Y,B,M etc). You are waitlisted for a fare in the correct fare type which currently has no seats available. If you are waitlisted this far out I'd say there is a good chance it will clear - I've never had a waitlist not clear.

The other option you MAY have is to pay to upgrade your fare to the next available fare type - probably better just to stay on the waitlist for now.
Thanks bcworld - that has reassurred me. Will stay waiting for the timebeing!! Whats the longest youve waiting for a waitlist to clear?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TandC23
Thanks bcworld - that has reassurred me. Will stay waiting for the timebeing!! Whats the longest youve waiting for a waitlist to clear?
Sorry I can't remember to be honest - maybe a week or so for some Singapore Airlines flights. Recently I was WL on Qantas on a completely full flight and it came through in a couple of days - but it was also just a couple of days before the departure as well.

What airline are you looking at?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Thats good about 'the week or so' as im flying with Singapore Airlines.. Im just a bit of a control freak and hate waiting. But ill try and be patient! Im sure it won't be 2 days before the flight because as you said earlier, there is still a few weeks to go before end of September. Phew!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:19 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I hope this is not the case but you might have to wait until nearer the departure date for confirmation.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

HOORAY!!!! just heard back from my travel agent - and both flights are now confirmed!! PHEW! thanks guys for your replies
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:28 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Great news