Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Waiting patiently

Waiting patiently

Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all
Default Waiting patiently

Hi there,
We are in the long process of applying to migrate. Application arrived in Adelaide 7 November told we will hear around February regarding medicals. Can't stand Limbo feeling. Been here and done it all before and came back after only three months in 1998. BIG mistake trying again to move back. Hopefully will be moving to Melbourne this year so anyone in same boat would love to hear from you. We have 2 girls eldest is 11 and youngest is 5. Looking forward to move. Live in Scotland
Happy New Year to all.

Sandra and Jim
Old Jan 1st 2006, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting patiently

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Hi there,
We are in the long process of applying to migrate. Application arrived in Adelaide 7 November told we will hear around February regarding medicals. Can't stand Limbo feeling. Been here and done it all before and came back after only three months in 1998. BIG mistake trying again to move back. Hopefully will be moving to Melbourne this year so anyone in same boat would love to hear from you. We have 2 girls eldest is 11 and youngest is 5. Looking forward to move. Live in Scotland
Happy New Year to all.

Sandra and Jim

Happy New Year and welcome to BE.

Good luck with your application.

Wendy x
Old Jan 1st 2006, 2:57 pm
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

Hi there,
Happy New Year to all.

Sandra and Jim
hello

happy new year to you !!! just wondering why did you come back after 3 months in 1998????.

all the best with your new application

des
Old Jan 1st 2006, 3:41 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Happy New Year to all.

Sandra and Jim

Australia's waiting times are not that long compared to some other countries.

If you were applying to Canada now, you would be looking at 3 to 4 *years* before getting your visas.

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:42 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Waiting patiently

Hi there,
Happy New Year to all.

Sandra and Jim
Hi, we are also patiently (or not) waiting to hear the okay to go and get the medicals and police checks. It's a stange feeling just waiting after the rush to get everything ready for the skills application and now the visa application, and I feel we should be doing something. But hey I've never been one to be patient - so hears to limbo! We are planning to go to Perth asap.

Happy New Year and heres to getting our visas!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:40 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandra and Jim and welcome to the mad house.

We are also in the same predicament as many others it seems !! I hope the guys who sort out when you go for medicals aren't on a vacation or worse..... "jacked" their jobs in, cos I personally feel I've been waiting a hell of a long time !! :scared:

Sorry ....if Ive set any rot in.... its just the way I feel at this moment in time as all the Crimbo spirit has gone and I've only got this Oz life to look forward to.

BRICKY ADE & Family xx

PS we're moving to melbourne too, where abouts are you thinking of ???

Last edited by BRICKY ADE; Jan 1st 2006 at 5:43 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:58 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
Hi Sandra and Jim and welcome to the mad house.

We are also in the same predicament as many others it seems !! I hope the guys who sort out when you go for medicals aren't on a vacation or worse..... "jacked" their jobs in, cos I personally feel I've been waiting a hell of a long time !! :scared:

Sorry ....if Ive set any rot in.... its just the way I feel at this moment in time as all the Crimbo spirit has gone and I've only got this Oz life to look forward to.

BRICKY ADE & Family xx

PS we're moving to melbourne too, where abouts are you thinking of ???

Hi!
our application was received in november too and i've booked our meds for 12th jan (my birthday....what fun!) and we feel in limbo too but really excited now the new year is here!!! Roll on!!
We're going to Mornington/Mount Eliza and my hubby's a brickie, where are you going? I'm sure i've asked before....sorry!
Old Jan 1st 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Waiting patiently

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Hi, we are also patiently (or not) waiting to hear the okay to go and get the medicals and police checks. It's a stange feeling just waiting after the rush to get everything ready for the skills application and now the visa application, and I feel we should be doing something. But hey I've never been one to be patient - so hears to limbo! We are planning to go to Perth asap.

Happy New Year and heres to getting our visas!

We are also planning to go to Perth. We applied October 12th, and haven't had the meds pcc request yet, but we sent them unrequested. There's a bit of a slow down in December and a wee bit in January as well because people go on vacation. We are applying from Canada, so for all those people waiting 3 and 4 years (which surprises me because we take in more immigrants than oz...I think..could be wrong though) hopefully we'll open up five spots this July.

Nicanjoe
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Hi,
Didn't realise we could apply for medicals etc before info from Immigration Dept, might go ahead aswell. My birthday 13th January and the big 40, god help me!!! We haven't decided where to stay yet, Jim a mechanic and job offer in Melbourne. His boss stays in Caroline springs which is not far from work, so we will have a look around.
Have a good birthday
Regards Sandra

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hi!
our application was received in november too and i've booked our meds for 12th jan (my birthday....what fun!) and we feel in limbo too but really excited now the new year is here!!! Roll on!!
We're going to Mornington/Mount Eliza and my hubby's a brickie, where are you going? I'm sure i've asked before....sorry!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
Didn't realise we could apply for medicals etc before info from Immigration Dept, might go ahead aswell. My birthday 13th January and the big 40, god help me!!! We haven't decided where to stay yet, Jim a mechanic and job offer in Melbourne. His boss stays in Caroline springs which is not far from work, so we will have a look around.
Have a good birthday
Regards Sandra
I'm not sure but I think that once you've gone ahead and done your pcc and medicals they are valid for only one year. You will have to validate before they expire too. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. So if you do them unrequested it's something to think about.

Regards Marina
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nomayaja
I'm not sure but I think that once you've gone ahead and done your pcc and medicals they are valid for only one year. You will have to validate before they expire too. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. So if you do them unrequested it's something to think about.

Regards Marina

Exactly the reason we waited
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 3:51 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Have a good birthday
Regards Sandra
Happy Birthday to you too!
I just thought the meds would be requested by Feb so if we booked in for Jan we'd be ready, rather than hanging about. I don't know what it's like where you are but in Nottingham they're only available on a Tuesday afternoon after 2pm to book an appointment!!! So it's dead busy!!
We're going to Mornington/Mount Eliza area because we've got friends there! Never been though!
P.S. you're 3 yrs older than me!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 4:03 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Happy New Year to all.

Sandra and Jim
Hi folks,

Good luck with it all. PCC and Meds are only valid for one year so you have to validate in that time. Not heading for Melbourne, going to Brisbane. Got a job lined up just need to sell our house. Fingers crossed. Where abouts in Scotland are you from, we're in Dundee?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 4:10 pm
Love it here!

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi folks,

Good luck with it all. PCC and Meds are only valid for one year so you have to validate in that time. Not heading for Melbourne, going to Brisbane. Got a job lined up just need to sell our house. Fingers crossed. Where abouts in Scotland are you from, we're in Dundee?

Cheers

Ginny

That's ok.....as soon as visa arrives..... we're outta here!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 4:12 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalSa
That's ok.....as soon as visa arrives..... we're outta here!!!

Good Luck!

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.