Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Waiting for long!!!!

Waiting for long!!!!

Old Nov 24th 2003, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Aashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting for long!!!!

I applied for PR in Feb 2003, I received acknowledgement mail in early April 2003 stating that the receipt will be mailed at later date. After that i have not heard anything from them so far, no request for education/medical/character.
Visa Category: Independent Migration, visa class BN, subclass 136, occupation IT professional.

Please suggest if this is okay, am i getting too impatient.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 3:38 am
owieb

Default Re: Waiting for long!!!!

Originally posted by Aashi
I applied for PR in Feb 2003, I received acknowledgement mail in early April 2003 stating that the receipt will be mailed at later date. After that i have not heard anything from them so far, no request for education/medical/character.
Visa Category: Independent Migration, visa class BN, subclass 136, occupation IT professional.

Please suggest if this is okay, am i getting too impatient.
You're getting too impatient!

I applied same class and occupation in August 2002, received pre-grant last week!

checkout www.austimeline.com to see how other people are doing.

Old Nov 24th 2003, 4:04 am
Just Joined

Aashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

16 months!!!!!!!!!!!

They say its takes around 12 months only!!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 4:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Aashi
16 months!!!!!!!!!!!

They say its takes around 12 months only!!
Welcome to the madhouse. You will soon realise you are at the easy but frustrating stage of migration. On here you will soon witness all the emotions, frustrations and difficulties involved with what you are undertaking.

The timelines are only guides and there is no guarantee it will take 16 months. All you can do now is get on with life and try and forget about the application otherwise you will go nuttier than us.