Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Waiting For Goddo

Wikiposts

Waiting For Goddo

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:38 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default Waiting For Goddo

Well first we waited for the visa changes in .........July 2004
then we waited for the TRA.........................Sept 2004
then we waited for the TRA to be returned.....Dec 2004
Also we waited to get married....................Feb 2005
Next we waited for the application to lodge....Mar 2005

Can anyone see a common link yet..????

Now we waited for the medical requests.........Aug 2005
And we waited for our medical appointment.....Aug 2005
Then we waited for the medical results...........Sept 2005
The police checks kept us waiting..................Sept 2005

Nearly there !!!!!

At last we wait for the VISA........................Oct 2005

Yeeeesssss It's all over we get the Visa.......now we can go......

Nooooooo we can't.......

Now we wait for the house to sell..................Nov 2005... :scared:

It's like been stuck in the waiting room at the end of the universe...I think
that might be a Douglas Adams book... If it's not I think it should be...
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Waiting For Goddo

Originally Posted by CORKER
Well first we waited for the visa changes in .........July 2004
then we waited for the TRA.........................Sept 2004
then we waited for the TRA to be returned.....Dec 2004
Also we waited to get married....................Feb 2005
Next we waited for the application to lodge....Mar 2005

Can anyone see a common link yet..????

Now we waited for the medical requests.........Aug 2005
And we waited for our medical appointment.....Aug 2005
Then we waited for the medical results...........Sept 2005
The police checks kept us waiting..................Sept 2005

Nearly there !!!!!

At last we wait for the VISA........................Oct 2005

Yeeeesssss It's all over we get the Visa.......now we can go......

Nooooooo we can't.......

Now we wait for the house to sell..................Nov 2005... :scared:

It's like been stuck in the waiting room at the end of the universe...I think
that might be a Douglas Adams book... If it's not I think it should be...

Hi Corker
I notice you are arriving here in just over 1 month? What are your plans if you don't manage to sell? I know a few people in Barnsley who have had their house up for sale for a while and they haven't had much luck. My brother put his up for sale in April and has just managed to sell now after dropping the price by £30k!!!
Anyway fingers crossed you get a sale soon.
Joanne
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:36 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi Corker
I notice you are arriving here in just over 1 month? What are your plans if you don't manage to sell? I know a few people in Barnsley who have had their house up for sale for a while and they haven't had much luck. My brother put his up for sale in April and has just managed to sell now after dropping the price by £30k!!!
Anyway fingers crossed you get a sale soon.
Joanne
The ttime linething is just a guide....We hope to be in Adelaide at the end of Jan or early spring..2006...

Our house has been up for a week. Had 4 viewings and one offer so far...With a couple coming for a second look this Sunday so fingers and everything else crossed..

Where abouts in Barnsley does your brother live..??
Where did you live..???
We are at Old Town up near the hospital..
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with everything.

Not really relevant but do you feel you are waiting for goddo or like the tramps in Samuel Beckett's play feel like you are waiting forever for M Godot? (just intrigued by the thread title)

OzTennis
Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:17 am
NEO LIVES

Originally Posted by OzTennis

Not really relevant but do you feel you are waiting for goddo or like the tramps in Samuel Beckett's play feel like you are waiting forever for M Godot? (just intrigued by the thread title)

OzTennis
Don't really know what the play is about....I just seem to recall seeing two men sat about for ages just waiting... Thought it was a good analogy..
Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Don't really know what the play is about....I just seem to recall seeing two men sat about for ages just waiting... Thought it was a good analogy..
Yeah, it is a good analogy (M Godot never comes) although we hope this doesn't apply to you. I just had to look it up in Goooooooooooooooogle to remind what it was we did at school.

http://www.theatrehistory.com/french/beckett002.html

OzTennis
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

The ttime linething is just a guide....We hope to be in Adelaide at the end of Jan or early spring..2006...

Our house has been up for a week. Had 4 viewings and one offer so far...With a couple coming for a second look this Sunday so fingers and everything else crossed..

Where abouts in Barnsley does your brother live..??
Where did you live..???
We are at Old Town up near the hospital..

Hi
My brother lives in Royston and when he put his house on the market his intention was to emigrate to Oz. However we haven't had the best start over here and I think we have put him off (unintentionally because I would love him to come over). He is now buying a house in Cudworth.
We used to live in Brierley and sold at the right time I think.
Looks like you won't have much trouble selling though if only been on market one week and already had four viewings!!!
Good luck.