Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The waiting game

The waiting game

Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:54 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The waiting game

I just spoke to my agent and she says she has heard from South Australia and our response as to whether we have gained state nomination from them was posted on Friday. I feel sick to my stomach I am so nervous. I cant believe I am feeling like this! Any rough guess-timates on how long post takes to get from Adelaide to London?? arrggghhh I hate the wait!! And I know this is only the beginning!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The waiting game

Originally posted by lucyb
I just spoke to my agent and she says she has heard from South Australia and our response as to whether we have gained state nomination from them was posted on Friday. I feel sick to my stomach I am so nervous. I cant believe I am feeling like this! Any rough guess-timates on how long post takes to get from Adelaide to London?? arrggghhh I hate the wait!! And I know this is only the beginning!
yeah, living in Limbo-Land is the pits! Cant help with the timescales but hope you hear something soon
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:57 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Why can't they tell your agent ?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:58 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucy

Bout 7 to 10 days I think, hang tight!!

Walla
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:58 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by stephenwhite68
Why can't they tell your agent ?

Tell me about it!! SHe emailed them straight back and said could they please inform her of the decision via email too, but I think she just missed them because of the time difference! stress city.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

We got certificate of inscription on saturday (17th) and it was post marked 13th- ordinary air mail letter and posted from melbourne. It shouldnt be too long a wait for you- good luck!
Yvonne
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

We sent our application off to SA last week!!
Looks like they are quite quick at processing, hopefully we should hear next week then.
Fingers crossed for you!! (and me)
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

The poor postman, Lucy will have his fingers off every morning this week. My guess would be Thursday morning Lucy. I wish you well & sending good vibes.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:38 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I am new to the board, we are just discussing the possibility of moving to SA but I just wondered - do we have to apply for our visas in the usual way and then apply to SA for state nomination?

Sorry is this is a basic question but I keep visiting the SA immigration website and everytime I try and get the relevant fact sheet I get an error message!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:42 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucy,

"Good things happen to those that wait" - I know that is no help and I'm sure you and everyone else waiting are stressed and anxious.

Don't worry it will all work out OK - Good luck and fingers crossed !

Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucy
We've got our fingers crossed for you.
I can just imagine what you're going through.

Graham
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Lucy,

Fingers crossed for good news before the en of the week.

Helen
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck and hope you don't have to wait too long

Alastair
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:38 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that the best things are worth waiting for, and if something is really worth waiting for, then it's really worth having...

This is my little mantra at the moment as I sit in limbo-land for another year
Old Jul 19th 2004, 3:59 pm
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bridiej
Hi there

I am new to the board, we are just discussing the possibility of moving to SA but I just wondered - do we have to apply for our visas in the usual way and then apply to SA for state nomination?

Sorry is this is a basic question but I keep visiting the SA immigration website and everytime I try and get the relevant fact sheet I get an error message!
Hi Bridiej

it all depends, what visa you are hoping for?

Sarsa