Reload this Page >

wages in perth/oz

wages in perth/oz

Old Aug 7th 2003, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

timo is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink wages in perth/oz

Hi to you all ,
first time on this site,lots of great reading very interesting info on lots of different topics.
Can anyone advise me what sort of wages i can expect too earn as a motor mechanic im fully qualified with 12 years experience,?
Someone on poms in perth website said i would take home about $500 per week ?would that be about right ?
Any replies would be helpful, TIMO
Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Dunno Timo but I should think it would be a bit more than that.
Trades vary in what they pay.
There is some australian website that you can look at to see what specific industries pay structures should by but I don't know what it is. Could try and find out for you if you like.

Diane
Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:29 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wages in perth/oz

Originally posted by timo
Hi to you all ,
first time on this site,lots of great reading very interesting info on lots of different topics.
Can anyone advise me what sort of wages i can expect too earn as a motor mechanic im fully qualified with 12 years experience,?
Someone on poms in perth website said i would take home about $500 per week ?would that be about right ?
Any replies would be helpful, TIMO
Nice joke made me smile try this site , you may get that top line take home dream on.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplac...53D517,00.html

http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/Fa...ryAW824308.pdf

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 8th 2003 at 6:32 am.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:01 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Nice joke made me smile try this site , you may get that top line take home dream on.

Pommie Bastard's wages are direct debited by the OB daily so he's just showing envious jealousy.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default Wages

Hi Timmo

Pls let me know if you manage to obtain any info on this as i would be very interested to know as my boyfriend is also a mechanic and has been for the past 10 years - fully qualified etc.
We r emigrating to perth in december this year.

Jo
Old Aug 8th 2003, 9:08 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

What this shirt lifter forgets to tell you is that a good mechanic,can make more money, on weekends doing "cashies, or foreignees" my mate , just knocks over a couple of tune ups ,on the weekend just for beer money......the "black economy" is king in oz........ MM
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:39 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
What this shirt lifter forgets to tell you is that a good mechanic,can make more money, on weekends doing "cashies, or foreignees" my mate , just knocks over a couple of tune ups ,on the weekend just for beer money......the "black economy" is king in oz........ MM
Now I get it work Monday-Friday for peanuts then start the real job at the weekend , you get more off the planet by the day.

Old Aug 9th 2003, 12:53 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Now I get it work Monday-Friday for peanuts then start the real job at the weekend , you get more off the planet by the day.

you mean after 9 years you have just realised this , thats why i have a good life , and want for nothing......work mon to friday to pay "johnny H" then a saturday in the pocket, surly your "ute " men told you this ? but i guess you have always worked for a boss, this country has end less opportunitys for those who want to get out and give it a go............ MM
Old Aug 9th 2003, 12:55 am
Banned

you mean after 9 years you have just realised this , thats why i have a good life , and want for nothing......work mon to friday to pay "johnny H" then a saturday in the pocket, surly your "ute " men told you this ? but i guess you have always worked for a boss, this country has end less opportunitys for those who want to get out and give it a go............ MM
You are dim enough to think people do not do the same in the UK.
PS what happen to the Australian lifestyle all play and no work?
Old Aug 9th 2003, 1:34 am
Banned

You are dim enough to think people do not do the same in the UK.
PS what happen to the Australian lifestyle all play and no work?
the black economy, thrives in this country , for those who want to take advantage of it....so does the welfare system...we have three generations in some familys, in south australia who have never, worked, yet they survive, some [the drug ]growers,do very nicely. was it , the all play no work thing that attracted you to australia? , why dont you admit it, you like MANY of the long term, expats, in this country only move back , because of a lack of family infrastructure, your kids like Wilfs have left the country, and understandably you miss them.....there would not be a month, goe,s by were we see long term poms going home ,because they miss the kids, not because they dislike Australia, on the other hand just as many self funded retirees, come here because their familys emigrated years ago. ................ MM
Old Aug 9th 2003, 1:40 am
Banned

the black economy, thrives in this country , for those who want to take advantage of it....so does the welfare system...we have three generations in some familys, in south australia who have never, worked, yet they survive, some [the drug ]growers,do very nicely. was it , the all play no work thing that attracted you to australia? , why dont you admit it, you like MANY of the long term, expats, in this country only move back , because of a lack of family infrastructure, your kids like Wilfs have left the country, and understandably you miss them.....there would not be a month, goe,s by were we see long term poms going home ,because they miss the kids, not because they dislike Australia, on the other hand just as many self funded retirees, come here because their familys emigrated years ago. ................ MM
Love the self funded retirees many who are just above welfare , means no state pension or free health care great country not.