Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WA suggestions for places to stay/see

WA suggestions for places to stay/see

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:46 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WA suggestions for places to stay/see

i am off to perth at the end of the month on holiday. whilst staying for a few days in perth the remainder of my time in WA i am planning on getting out of perth and travelling south. the point of this thread is to ask for suggestions for places to see or stay along the coast (for three days) and then further inland for the remaining 2 days) as i make my way back up to perth.

not really fussed how far i have to travel every day so thats not a problem. whilst by the coast lively places would be good but not essential. inland peace and tranquility is the order of the day.

so any suggestions warmly received.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:54 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

check out whiskys thread detailing her travels down south from Perth. Excellent read and very informative.http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=199150

Have a good time!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:55 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

what was the thread titled. i'll do a search for it.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:48 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Just click on the link provided by Loose!

Or just go to Crabtree first instalment. It's on the first page here somewhere.
I've added my comments in there as well.

I would recommed: all national parks!
The caves near Margeret river/Augusta.
Walpole area, including Valley of The Giants, with the tree top walk.
Albany
If you like the forests/big trees also Pemberton area, with the Gloucester Tree, 61 m.

If you have any questions, ask away!

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Lovely places we visited journeying south from Perth were, Freemantle,{TOP FISH N CHIPS}. Bunbury, saw the dolphins, walked out onto a little jetty, Busselton, nice little resort, beaches, deffo Margaret river, great scenery, wine, the caves mensioned previously are down this way, ok if your into caves, further down Port augustus, i loved it here, very peaceful, relaxed, lots of people fishing, close by is the lueewin lighthouse thingy, there were some great small towns slightly inland, one we came upon had a little teashop with scones and devon cream, very english, and some hoons burning up the main road in a souped up old motor, very australian, actually quite enjoyed watching them, then had a chat with them about the car while my other half looked on, really nice guys, friendly. It is deffo worth a visit down that area, really enjoyed it, good luck with your travels, enjoy. Also be careful when parking, i got bollocked for parking wrong side of road facing oncoming traffic{which amounted to about 3 cars}. ......