Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Voting in UK elections

Voting in UK elections

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:05 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Voting in UK elections

I have been having correspondence with a UK MP regarding the iniquitous way that UK pensions paid in Australia are frozen (he and another MP recently brought this up yet again in parliament).

I also suggested that they need to look at the notice required to be given to overseas voters - at present even if you are registered they don't allow enough time for you to get your vote in unless you vote in person or by proxy.

He agrees and has taken that up too. He has just sent some information which I have attached as .jpg files.

The electoral website is:

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/default.aspx
Attached Thumbnails Voting in UK elections-elections20141.doc.jpeg   Voting in UK elections-elections20142.doc.jpeg   Voting in UK elections-elections20144.doc.jpeg  
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Voting in UK elections

Originally Posted by Wol
I have been having correspondence with a UK MP regarding the iniquitous way that UK pensions paid in Australia are frozen (he and another MP recently brought this up yet again in parliament).

I also suggested that they need to look at the notice required to be given to overseas voters - at present even if you are registered they don't allow enough time for you to get your vote in unless you vote in person or by proxy.

He agrees and has taken that up too. He has just sent some information which I have attached as .jpg files.

The electoral website is:

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/default.aspx
Thanks for the reminder, I keep thinking I ought to re-register to vote, with a long term aim of moving back - the pension situation being one reason for considering the move.