Voting!

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Voting!

Ok, it will be my first vote in OZ but someone told me the Voting is this Saturday not week after. I thought it was 13th Sept?

God knows who i am voting for, i have no idea of any names, what they do or deliver
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Voting!

It's this week....

Do we get a card or anything like the UK or just turn up?

I know who I want to vote for, just hope they have the party names on as well or I'll be completely stuck!! Cant get my head around this numbering system either - what's wrong with a nice big X next to the one you want?!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Ok, it will be my first vote in OZ but someone told me the Voting is this Saturday not week after. I thought it was 13th Sept?

God knows who i am voting for, i have no idea of any names, what they do or deliver
First time for me too. I was going to vote labor - mainly because I've met their local candidate and she's really nice. But then they announced their hard-left uranium mining ban.

So now I don't know who to vote for.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:41 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think you just turn up we just have to go across the road for ours.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You just turn up. You should have a choice of a few 'stations'.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:08 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
It's this week....

Do we get a card or anything like the UK or just turn up?

I know who I want to vote for, just hope they have the party names on as well or I'll be completely stuck!! Cant get my head around this numbering system either - what's wrong with a nice big X next to the one you want?!
If you know you're party of choice, they'll have all their canvassers there handing out fliers which will show you how to fil in to give them the best chance after preferences.
No card is sent out, just turn up (Settlers Hall is nearest for you) and away you go.
Mind you where we are is one of the safest Liberal seats in the State apparently so whether you're vote will make a difference remains to be seen.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Around here (North Sydney at least) it's on the 13th according to the blurb we got in the mail today.

Just out of interest (and to save me phoning them tomorrow), is it only Citizens who are allowed/obliged to vote? We recently got our PR granted and I'm just wondering whether we have to vote too!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by TillyG
Around here (North Sydney at least) it's on the 13th according to the blurb we got in the mail today.

Just out of interest (and to save me phoning them tomorrow), is it only Citizens who are allowed/obliged to vote? We recently got our PR granted and I'm just wondering whether we have to vote too!
It's citizens only.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:14 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I'm completely baffled by this aecane "preference" system!

We vote on the 13th and have 70 (count 'em, seventy) candidates and some seven "groups".

The ballot paper is going to be a metre wide - I don't think I'll be voting "Green" <g>.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

It's citizens only.
Cheers mate