Volunteers needed for phone mast study - UK

Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:40 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Volunteers needed for phone mast study - UK

Anyone interested?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=27470

Volunteers needed for phone mast study
15 Jul 2005

Last edited by Sue; Jul 15th 2005 at 12:24 pm. Reason: Possible copyright issues.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:47 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Volunteers needed for phone mast study - UK

I work at Marconi's HQ in a building which has a massive mast on it with dozens of huge dishes as well as the smaller ones everyone is used to seeing. Without suggesting that is the cause, lots of people have complained off ill-health in my office and some have found it gets better when they have moved to other buildings on site. :scared:

At least I should only be here for another 4-6 weeks.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 11:17 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
I work at Marconi's HQ in a building which has a massive mast on it with dozens of huge dishes as well as the smaller ones everyone is used to seeing. Without suggesting that is the cause, lots of people have complained off ill-health in my office and some have found it gets better when they have moved to other buildings on site. :scared:

At least I should only be here for another 4-6 weeks.
Good for you, moving away from that. I have to confess, I wouldn't like to work anywhere near those things. We have a mobile phone for emergencies, but I won't use one as a rule, and our daughter isn't going to have one while I've any say in the matter! I don't want a child with a fried brain!!!

I am such a cruel mother....... :scared: (or not... )
Old Jul 15th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

I still cannot believe how many schools (state and private) in Australia have mobile 'phone masts right next door, towering over them. And how most parents and teachers seem blissfully unaware and unconcerned about any adverse effects they may be having on the children
But then, they are not particularly over concerned about the asbestos in the classrooms either.... :scared:
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kath n kim
I still cannot believe how many schools (state and private) in Australia have mobile 'phone masts right next door, towering over them. And how most parents and teachers seem blissfully unaware and unconcerned about any adverse effects they may be having on the children
I for one, whilst not necessarily wanting one on my roof, realise that they have to go somewhere because technology does not go backwards and like it or not mobile phones are not going away. The word that stands out from your post is "may" we still don't know and whilst yes we should be careful, on the other hand we have to continue with the lives we have without constantly worrying about ifs and buts and maybes. Life is too damn short as it is and I have no idea what is round the corner. My girls are at the ages where they are sometimes out without an adult and we thought long and hard about the pros and cons and finally decided that their need to contact us was more important than "possibly" getting a fried brain in later years.

Just my opinion, don't have to agree with it, just don't knock me for it.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I for one, whilst not necessarily wanting one on my roof, realise that they have to go somewhere because technology does not go backwards and like it or not mobile phones are not going away. The word that stands out from your post is "may" we still don't know and whilst yes we should be careful, on the other hand we have to continue with the lives we have without constantly worrying about ifs and buts and maybes. Life is too damn short as it is and I have no idea what is round the corner. My girls are at the ages where they are sometimes out without an adult and we thought long and hard about the pros and cons and finally decided that their need to contact us was more important than "possibly" getting a fried brain in later years.

Just my opinion, don't have to agree with it, just don't knock me for it.
No moneypen20, I won't knock you for having your opinion. Please don't knock me for having mine either.
For many years people thought there may be a connection between smoking and lung cancer, and many people said that life is too damned short to worry about ifs and buts and maybes......sadly many of those people are no longer with us.
I will not risk my children's health, even if it is only a maybe......Untill more research has been carried out.