Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Voip Professional Advice

Voip Professional Advice

Old Dec 16th 2012, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Voip Professional Advice

Have a large development of approximately 340 hectares.

Expected population of 30k to 40k tenants

Mixture of retail, residential and corporate tenants

Now I can get up to 50k IP addresses but what else would be suggested to provide a unique site wide VOIP offering so I connect with a diverse path of ISP providers but bundle it so the cost savings of the multitude are passed on?

Say 3 ISP providers=====> REDDRAGON PTY=======> 30k to 40k individuals

I should point out REDDRAGON PTY represents or includes a 15MW data centre.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Voip Professional Advice

Should add that advice and assistance will be sufficiently remunerated. PM me for email contact details.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:32 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly sure what you are asking.

The usual route for property developers is to outsource comms provision, even if its white labelled as their own. Generally that's on a sole provider basis, obviously.

I think you are looking/asking about providing the local interconnect yourself, and then allowing providers to compete for business over that infrastructure? Are you sure of the cost of that to you, and thus the necessary markup? And how does the NBN play into it?

Are you looking for an enhanced proposition to offer potential tenants?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GarryP
Not exactly sure what you are asking.

The usual route for property developers is to outsource comms provision, even if its white labelled as their own. Generally that's on a sole provider basis, obviously.

I think you are looking/asking about providing the local interconnect yourself, and then allowing providers to compete for business over that infrastructure? Are you sure of the cost of that to you, and thus the necessary markup? And how does the NBN play into it?

Are you looking for an enhanced proposition to offer potential tenants?
Essentially we are providing a subscription service. Part of which includes say $25 per month for all communications per user. Its not exactly that rate for obvious reasons but go with it.

We have Wifi capability throughout the site, with intercity level fibre connection.

As a big enterprise in communications ourselves the additional 4% of cost spread over numerous clients means we pass on significant savings.

Imagine being a 3 man office getting same discount as a BHP

Thanks to those sending PM's I will be in touch over next few days
Old Dec 17th 2012, 10:02 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

My suggestion would be to look at something like a Google Fibre type rollout across the entire site - 1Gbit. Various offerings could then be made, using that floodwired backbone. VoIP is almost not in it, the data usage would be so small, we are talking video, telepresence, lightning fast Internet, etc. Providing a choice of backhaul to maximise the utility of that is easy enough to achieve.

1Gbit is about where I think people should be aiming - once you talk fibre, there's no reason not to.

Subscription services have the emphasis on services, answering needs. Copious bandwidth makes possible some new and interesting potential services.

Don't know where you are thinking of this development being, but you might like to think like a hosting provider/data warehouse and make sure that the comms backbones are within easy reach - and to consider latency considerations as well as simple bandwidth (keep them hops down).