Reload this Page >

In vogue builders

In vogue builders

Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Jo100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In vogue builders

Hi

Has anyone built with In Vogue homes in Perth??

I am keen to know about anyones experiences good or bad.

Many thanks
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:35 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In vogue builders

Originally Posted by Jo100
Hi

Has anyone built with In Vogue homes in Perth??

I am keen to know about anyones experiences good or bad.

Many thanks
We are building with them, we are just about to go to final pre start and they have been brilliant so far. We live Port Bouvard where there are 100s of houses being built. Form our balconies we watched 8 In Vogue homes go up so as each family moved in we went round and asked for their opinions. The general consensus was that they were very happy with the end results, they finished between 14 and 18 months and although there were problems along the way they were promptly put right.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jo100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply ACE.

Would love to know how you get on with the build. We are looking at the DOBEL with In Vogue. Just need to sell up in the UK then we will be on our way.

Good luck with the build

Jo
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Elvis is an unknown quantity at this point

HI WE HAVE FRIENDS WHO HAVE JUST FINISHED BUILDING WITH EN VOGUE & SWEAR THEY WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN, THERE SITE MANAGER WAS VERY RUDE & DIDN'T ANSWER CALLS WHEN THINGS WERE WRONG WITH THE BUILD. WE ALSO KNOW SOMEONE WHO BUILT WITH THEM IN TAPPING & JUST BEFORE HANDOVER THE ROOF LEAKED IN & COLLASPED INTO THEIR KITCHEN.
ALSO AVOID NOVUS THEY ARE VERY VERY SLOW!!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:00 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvis
HI WE HAVE FRIENDS WHO HAVE JUST FINISHED BUILDING WITH EN VOGUE & SWEAR THEY WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN, THERE SITE MANAGER WAS VERY RUDE & DIDN'T ANSWER CALLS WHEN THINGS WERE WRONG WITH THE BUILD. WE ALSO KNOW SOMEONE WHO BUILT WITH THEM IN TAPPING & JUST BEFORE HANDOVER THE ROOF LEAKED IN & COLLASPED INTO THEIR KITCHEN.
ALSO AVOID NOVUS THEY ARE VERY VERY SLOW!!!!!
Oh no! don't say that oh well it is too late to back out now. Re the roof collaspe-did they put it all right?

Another reason we are building with them is because a friend of ours who is a supervisor for Riverstone knows the Dawesvillle supervisor and reckons he is totally on the ball.

I'll keep you all posted good or bad.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:10 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jo100
Thanks for your reply ACE.

Would love to know how you get on with the build. We are looking at the DOBEL with In Vogue. Just need to sell up in the UK then we will be on our way.

Good luck with the build

Jo

No problem, I'll keep you posted. We are not building one of their designs, they have a good choice but nothing that suited our requirements so we have designed our own home. We are not in a terrific hurry as we would rather they did a good job rather than a rush job. Our plans are going through the shire at the moment and they have quoted 320 working days from when the slab goes down which with weekends, public holidays and bad weather days will be about 18 months, around 2 years from now would be OK.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:19 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
Another reason we are building with them is because a friend of ours who is a supervisor for Riverstone knows the Dawesvillle supervisor and reckons he is totally on the ball.
He may be a good supervisor and on the ball....... but he will leave. They all do. If they don't leave the company, they change their areas.

We collect our keys on Monday after two nightmare years. We have had 5 Supervisors and 6 client liaisons in the office. Every time you change Supervisor adds another 4 weeks onto the build for them to get up to speed with their jobs - it all has a knock on effect.

Having said that, the builders are saying that things are slowing down now and we did build in the 'worst possible time'.

Good luck. I would rather have my own teeth pulled out with no anaethestic than build again. It's put years on us

Jules x
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:59 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by julesandco
He may be a good supervisor and on the ball....... but he will leave. They all do. If they don't leave the company, they change their areas.

We collect our keys on Monday after two nightmare years. We have had 5 Supervisors and 6 client liaisons in the office. Every time you change Supervisor adds another 4 weeks onto the build for them to get up to speed with their jobs - it all has a knock on effect.

Having said that, the builders are saying that things are slowing down now and we did build in the 'worst possible time'.

Good luck. I would rather have my own teeth pulled out with no anaethestic than build again. It's put years on us

Jules x
Thanks for wishing us good luck, it sounds like we are going to need it. Did you also build with In vogue?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:06 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
Thanks for wishing us good luck, it sounds like we are going to need it. Did you also build with In vogue?
No. We got a design drafted by them (and APG) but went with Perceptions (Deceptions) in the end as the upstairs is brick rather than timber. With three kids with bad taste in music, we figured we needed all the help we could get

I hope it goes smoothly for you..... if not, there's always alcolhol

Jules x
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:10 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

No. We got a design drafted by them (and APG) but went with Perceptions (Deceptions) in the end as the upstairs is brick rather than timber. With three kids with bad taste in music, we figured we needed all the help we could get

I hope it goes smoothly for you..... if not, there's always alcolhol

Jules x

I didn't realise that they built some of their houses with timber upstairs, ours is definitely double brick throughout. I am not much of a drinker but I have a feeling that that could change.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by ACE
I didn't realise that they built some of their houses with timber upstairs, ours is definitely double brick throughout. I am not much of a drinker but I have a feeling that that could change.
Yes, the one they quoted us on was definately timber upstairs. They go up quicker.

The Perceptions build worked out at better value for money per square meter for our needs.

I'm sure we would have had similar issues whichever builder we chose. I did try posting on here prior to signing, but no-one replied that they'd used them.

We were originally going to choose Novus, but in 9 months the build cost increase by $80,000 AND they wanted a 5% loading to build in Secret Harbour so we told them to get stuffed. We've got a better house for it - when we're in and the stress becomes a distant memory.... we will be left with a lovely house.

Jules x
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:25 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Yes, the one they quoted us on was definately timber upstairs. They go up quicker.

The Perceptions build worked out at better value for money per square meter for our needs.

I'm sure we would have had similar issues whichever builder we chose. I did try posting on here prior to signing, but no-one replied that they'd used them.

We were originally going to choose Novus, but in 9 months the build cost increase by $80,000 AND they wanted a 5% loading to build in Secret Harbour so we told them to get stuffed. We've got a better house for it - when we're in and the stress becomes a distant memory.... we will be left with a lovely house.
Jules x
$80,000 that is just ridiculous.

That's the main thing is that after all the stress you will have a house that you are happy with, it's like having a baby all the pushing, pain, biting swearing and screaming is forgotten as soon as you hold your little bundle of joy
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by ACE
$80,000 that is just ridiculous.

That's the main thing is that after all the stress you will have a house that you are happy with, it's like having a baby all the pushing, pain, biting swearing and screaming is forgotten as soon as you hold your little bundle of joy
UUUmmmm...... ask me again in six months

It's the other trades as well at the end that take the mickey. We had a retaining wall rendered and the bloke quoted, did the job over two weekends and then when he phoned to say he'd finished, asked for another $ 1,000!!! His defence 'well, it was a longer wall than I thought' Funny - it hadn't grown since he quoted!! OH told him to sod off.

Our paver gave us a written quote, started the job and discovered that it was 'too hard' and wanted to double his labour rate or walk off the job; stating that the written quote wasn't worth the paper it was written on! After we phoned the Dept of Consumer Affairs and they told us that it did, in fact form a contract, we have requested him to complete the job for the quoted amount. We're still emailing back and forth and he still insists on us paying more labour than he originally quoted.

We had the painting done and then the carpet layers have come in and butchered the walls - taking huge chunks of plaster off. I've complained to them and they are sending an assessor out this week.

$10k on blinds and they are not hung straight, have pin holes in them and dirty marks - guess what? I've complained again.

Believe me, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I could go on and on. But I won't. I shall simply take a deep breath and exhale, knowing that my house will be lovely (eventually).

Jules x
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Why build 2 story? Madness!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:46 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

UUUmmmm...... ask me again in six months

It's the other trades as well at the end that take the mickey. We had a retaining wall rendered and the bloke quoted, did the job over two weekends and then when he phoned to say he'd finished, asked for another $ 1,000!!! His defence 'well, it was a longer wall than I thought' Funny - it hadn't grown since he quoted!! OH told him to sod off.

Our paver gave us a written quote, started the job and discovered that it was 'too hard' and wanted to double his labour rate or walk off the job; stating that the written quote wasn't worth the paper it was written on! After we phoned the Dept of Consumer Affairs and they told us that it did, in fact form a contract, we have requested him to complete the job for the quoted amount. We're still emailing back and forth and he still insists on us paying more labour than he originally quoted.

We had the painting done and then the carpet layers have come in and butchered the walls - taking huge chunks of plaster off. I've complained to them and they are sending an assessor out this week.

$10k on blinds and they are not hung straight, have pin holes in them and dirty marks - guess what? I've complained again.

Believe me, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I could go on and on. But I won't. I shall simply take a deep breath and exhale, knowing that my house will be lovely (eventually).

Jules x

OMG!!! What a nightmare, OK now I'm freaked out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.