Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

vodaphone/texting uk

Wikiposts

vodaphone/texting uk

Old Jan 4th 2005, 3:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vodaphone/texting uk

Originally Posted by NJJ
does anybody know what the score is with virgin/optus in Australia? Has anyone one spoke to their customer service? I think there is the same problem but haven't contacted them as I'm too lazy to wait on the phone for them to answer. (come on at least i'm honest!)
I knwo that The Bloke is on Optus and he is not getting any texts from the UK either.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 4:29 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i'm with optus, and i've been getting football score updates this morning from the uk......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I knwo that The Bloke is on Optus and he is not getting any texts from the UK either.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:15 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No logic to it is there - maybe it also depends which provider in the UK is involved.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 6:14 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

woohoo i have just received a txt a few minutes ago from Perth, it was sent to me on the 3rd :scared:
Old Jan 4th 2005, 6:17 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I finally got one text from Mum sent to UK on 3rd AM & another sent on 4th AM! I sent her a message back to say that I had got them but she hasn't got that yet! LOL
Old Jan 4th 2005, 6:22 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Give it another 2 days jonahs_mummy :scared:

Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

That explains so much. I am with virgin mobile and have not received any messages recently, thought my friends in Uk and Ireland had abandoned me. tonight I received a new years message sent on 31 Dec, just arrived to my phone at about 8pm. i guess its understandable but its horrible to think of what has caused the problems, I feel so depressed about the tsunami and the devastation its caused.

Mel
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:39 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No logic to it is there - maybe it also depends which provider in the UK is involved.
another good point, some of my mates on 3 in the uk can't get my texts even before the Tsunami
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:45 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rudo1ph
AHH - this is interesting.......my Father in Law keeps getting the same text message from us over and over again so maybe it has got stuck somehwere and gets sent each time something re-connects.......
everybody in the UK keep getting my texts 4 times....they think i have lost the plot.......hmmmmm thing is I have been charged for them 4 times per text
Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:05 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by biggy
everybody in the UK keep getting my texts 4 times....they think i have lost the plot.......hmmmmm thing is I have been charged for them 4 times per text
Complain to the service provider - Orange in the UK have been refunding my mate a fortune! I have just received a New Year text sent 1/1/05 at 9am UK (Orange) and one from my mum sent 2 minutes ago!!!Think she is on O2......
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:06 pm
Home and Happy

Just came across this article - the future uses of texting??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4149977.stm