Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

vodaphone/texting uk

vodaphone/texting uk

Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road
Default vodaphone/texting uk

if anybody is on the vodaphone network in australia you might not have realised that although texts to uk are sending and your credit is going down they are actually failing to reach the uk. i only realised this after my mum sent a text panicking that she hadnt heard from me.
this is because text messages go through land lines in asia and due to the recent sad events the communication towers were demolished.
this info was given to me by vodaphone customer services they dont know when texting service will be up and running again.
although i told him i only needed to know that it wasnt my phone that was broken the nice guy refunded all the text id sent since 26th dec and gave me an extra
$6 credit so i can keep in touch with home.
it only costs $3 for 10mins to ring a uk mobile anyway.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vodaphone/texting uk

Originally Posted by jinxnkay
if anybody is on the vodaphone network in australia you might not have realised that although texts to uk are sending and your credit is going down they are actually failing to reach the uk. i only realised this after my mum sent a text panicking that she hadnt heard from me.
this is because text messages go through land lines in asia and due to the recent sad events the communication towers were demolished.
this info was given to me by vodaphone customer services they dont know when texting service will be up and running again.
although i told him i only needed to know that it wasnt my phone that was broken the nice guy refunded all the text id sent since 26th dec and gave me an extra
Its not Vodaphone alone, Orange & O2 (UK) and telstra (Oz) have major problems too. My mate and I usually send 10 a day and we have only got 3 in total since Boxing Day. The explanation from Orange was similar, but was that because everyone is sending texts to phones that are now at the bottom of the sea, or will never be found, the air has so many messages in it that it is saturated. New Year is always slow for receiving anyway, but this year is dreadful. I don't want to whinge because the whole situation is horrible, so this is an info post, not a whinge post.
Orange say patience, and it will eventually sort itself out.

Thanks for posting Kay - I had considered doing it myself tonight, but you beat me to it!
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:18 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ah......that explains a lot.

sue
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:23 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

Yes i have been texting a few friends in Australia and some of them (SMS) have been delayed and some went missing has for MMS it keeps failing for some reason. im with orange by the way
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:24 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that, that explains why most of my texts are being rejected
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its not Vodaphone alone, Orange & O2 (UK) and telstra (Oz) have major problems too. My mate and I usually send 10 a day and we have only got 3 in total since Boxing Day. The explanation from Orange was similar, but was that because everyone is sending texts to phones that are now at the bottom of the sea, or will never be found, the air has so many messages in it that it is saturated. New Year is always slow for receiving anyway, but this year is dreadful. I don't want to whinge because the whole situation is horrible, so this is an info post, not a whinge post.
Orange say patience, and it will eventually sort itself out.

Thanks for posting Kay - I had considered doing it myself tonight, but you beat me to it!
i know what you mean polly, i nearly didnt post this because i thought it might sound whingy given the situation but my mum was worried she hadnt had any replies to her texts so i thought other people might be feeling the same and it would explain things.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:25 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Hello,

Yes i have been texting a few friends in Australia and some of them (SMS) have been delayed and some went missing has for MMS it keeps failing for some reason. im with orange by the way
My mate and I do Orange to telstra - some are getting through but its at least a 12 hour delay.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 2:12 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

This explains a lot - my mum just phoned me accusing me of ignoring her text messsages!!!!!! Well how could I ignore them if I never received them?????She is with Optus & I am with UK Vodaphone. They are just not coming though at all in either direction......
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:19 pm
Home and Happy

Think this one should be "bumped" as it is a problem that others may well not be aware of
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:37 pm
rudo1ph

AHH - this is interesting.......my Father in Law keeps getting the same text message from us over and over again so maybe it has got stuck somehwere and gets sent each time something re-connects.......

Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point

well that explains why i aint had no txt from freemantle raiderand winging at him for making me worrie when i fone him at least we can still fone he is on vodafone and so am i and or txt aint got there thnx and my heart is with the desater

willow
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:54 am
Home and Happy

Latest update - my mate's Orange phone has just received 10 messages from me, sent at points over the last week - not everything though, just random ones. Still nothing coming this way........
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Latest update - my mate's Orange phone has just received 10 messages from me, sent at points over the last week - not everything though, just random ones. Still nothing coming this way........
i just got one through to a uk vodaphone but the rest i tried failed. also got 3 messages dated new years day all same message.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:07 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

does anybody know what the score is with virgin/optus in Australia? Has anyone one spoke to their customer service? I think there is the same problem but haven't contacted them as I'm too lazy to wait on the phone for them to answer. (come on at least i'm honest!)
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Re: vodaphone/texting uk

THANKS FOR THIS ! I thought all my UK friends NEW YEARS resolutions were to ignore me now i'm in Australia !

Normally would get very annoyed at this waste of txt money , but given the circumstances ..........

Tass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.