vocalist

Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice
Default vocalist

Hi all just a wee question we are hoping to be in Brisban area May-June 07 my wife is a nurse I am a HGV driver and also sing in pubs/clubs in Scotland on a semi pro basis would it be worthwhile bringing my amps speakers etc with me can anyone advise Thanks in Advance (PS would,nt mind teaming up with band or duo as it gets lonley Cheers
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice
Default Re: vocalist

Originally Posted by gormac
Hi all just a wee question we are hoping to be in Brisban area May-June 07 my wife is a nurse I am a HGV driver and also sing in pubs/clubs in Scotland on a semi pro basis would it be worthwhile bringing my amps speakers etc with me can anyone advise Thanks in Advance (PS would,nt mind teaming up with band or duo as it gets lonley Cheers
PPs does anyone know a Glasgow singer/guitarist by the name of JAKE MCGEE
Old Nov 19th 2006, 12:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

PPs does anyone know a Glasgow singer/guitarist by the name of JAKE MCGEE
Sorry, can't help...but believe it or not my ex and I had a cat by that name; big black and white animal, real character. He liked a good beer, a rowdy party, and a bit of heavy rock music!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sorry, can't help...but believe it or not my ex and I had a cat by that name; big black and white animal, real character. He liked a good beer, a rowdy party, and a bit of heavy rock music!
Thats all fine and well but does he come from Glasgow and play guitar
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats all fine and well but does he come from Glasgow and play guitar
Not Glasgow, from Brighton, but he did play a mean roll on the drums
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Bring your stuff ... you could get lots of work if you're good, esp through RSL clubs. The Scottish thing could work well for you.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
Bring your stuff ... you could get lots of work if you're good, esp through RSL clubs. The Scottish thing could work well for you.
Hi iPom Don,t you think there would be no problems shipping over and getting it through customs? what do you mean the Scottish thing? Idon,t do Andy Stewart (though if the money was right I,d do bloody Moira stewart) Cheers from a soaking Glasgow
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi iPom Don,t you think there would be no problems shipping over and getting it through customs? what do you mean the Scottish thing? Idon,t do Andy Stewart (though if the money was right I,d do bloody Moira stewart) Cheers from a soaking Glasgow
No problems shipping your stuff over imo. It's your work equipment. I would make sure you insure it well though.
Because you're Scottish, there are a lot of Scots here who've been here for years, 10 pound poms etc. They like to dream of the 'auld country' and Scottish singers are very popular in RSL clubs and doing the rounds in various venues. I would say if you're good, you'll get some decent work. - doesn't have to be Andy Stewart, just your own stuff. Depends where you're planning to settle though.

I'd be keen to see you do Moira Stewart though. Have you got nice legs?