Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visitors to Australia over 70 years old -medical?

Visitors to Australia over 70 years old -medical?

Old May 1st 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visitors to Australia over 70 years old -medical?

Is is true that visitors on holiday to Australia that are over 70 years old have to have a medical? If so what does this involve and cost? Thanks
Old May 1st 2008, 1:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitors to Australia over 70 years old -medical?

Originally Posted by Luma
Is is true that visitors on holiday to Australia that are over 70 years old have to have a medical? If so what does this involve and cost? Thanks
My 87 year old grandad came 2 years ago and didn't have to have one.
Old May 1st 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
How lovely that your grandad could travel that far. Mine turns 80 this year, but he's far too frail to travel
Old May 1st 2008, 2:03 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mancfamily
How lovely that your grandad could travel that far. Mine turns 80 this year, but he's far too frail to travel
He did well. He flew with Emirates and went business so he was looked after from door to door.
Old May 1st 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

He did well. He flew with Emirates and went business so he was looked after from door to door.
That's great. My Grandad was in the RAF and worked on the planes, but he's never actually flown in one.

Phone calls and webcam will be the order of the day when we get to Oz, it's going to be harder for me to leave my Grandad than anyone else.
For those with Grandparents that are able to visit I think it's wonderful for you.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Just took MIL over. Came back last Saturday. No medical.
Old May 1st 2008, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

My parents came here on a 6 month tourist visa every year for 15 years until they were 80 and never needed a medical. The thing that got them in the end was the cost of travel insurance as they were both beginning to show their age and had had a health scare each. Now at 84 they have decided they are too frail to travel but I think that if they HAD to come over they would be off like a shot.
Old May 1st 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
My parents came here on a 6 month tourist visa every year for 15 years until they were 80 and never needed a medical. The thing that got them in the end was the cost of travel insurance as they were both beginning to show their age and had had a health scare each. Now at 84 they have decided they are too frail to travel but I think that if they HAD to come over they would be off like a shot.
My mum came over last year she is 77 she had to tell the insurance company she had breast cancer a few years ago so she was covered for anything but not relating to the BC.
Janet
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

My mother, 72, came over from South Africa last year and needed one and was only allowed a 6 mnth. visa. Don't know how much it cost - would have been in Rands.
When we lived in the UK she needed no medicals and could stay as long as she wanted!
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

My grandmother is on holiday with us at the moment. She's 91 in August and she's not had to have a medical.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by talbot
My mother, 72, came over from South Africa last year and needed one and was only allowed a 6 mnth. visa. Don't know how much it cost - would have been in Rands.
When we lived in the UK she needed no medicals and could stay as long as she wanted!
I wonder then if it is if you come over on a South African passport that you then need a medical if you are over 70 years old. I think on a UK passport you get reciprocal medicare cover when on holiday.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder then if it is if you come over on a South African passport that you then need a medical if you are over 70 years old. I think on a UK passport you get reciprocal medicare cover when on holiday.
Aah that makes sense!
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Hi my mum came last year after my step dad died she is 73 and didn't need a medical. However getting holiday insurance for her was somewhat difficult because.
(i) Her age
(ii) She was staying more than 28 days.

In the end we insured her through SAGA in the UK, I can't recommend them enough, as long as you disclose any previous medical stuff its fine (such as arthritis). She got a years holiday insurance for less than it had cost her previously for a month! Very affordable.

T
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
Hi my mum came last year after my step dad died she is 73 and didn't need a medical. However getting holiday insurance for her was somewhat difficult because.
(i) Her age
(ii) She was staying more than 28 days.

In the end we insured her through SAGA in the UK, I can't recommend them enough, as long as you disclose any previous medical stuff its fine (such as arthritis). She got a years holiday insurance for less than it had cost her previously for a month! Very affordable.

T
My grandad used SAGA for his insurance too. I would echo your recommendation.
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

was just going to say my FIL is 73 and he's never had to have one... not for a visit anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.